First bike search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First bike search

Im looking at getting a Honda CBR 250RR does any one know of any thing i should be looking out for when buying one, maybe any problems that they mite have?

import or aussie?
    sigpic

07 Honda CBR600RR LE / 91 Honda CBR250RR

Comment

Don't do it Plenty of other nicer looking bikes around, I'd even go for a Hyo before getting one of those JMHO

Hope you find what you looking for, do a search there's plenty of older threads discussing these bikes.

Comment

Probably an import basically cos that all ive seen in my search

Comment

aparty from obvious things, paint is a good one! look for different lines etc in the paint. keys, do you need a seperate key to open the compartment from the ignition (this indicates 2 seperate bikes were put together). Chain, fork seals, any marks to indicate a drop, brake pads worn, rubber under the guards from burnouts?? (you never know) there is heaps to look for, try searching on the forum for more points.
          sigpic

07 Honda CBR600RR LE / 91 Honda CBR250RR

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I don't know much about CBR 250RRs. Best handling ~=250 I've ridden so far was the Yamaha Scorpio 225. Only problem is they don't look like much. The CBF I learned on for a bit was neither here not there for me. It was a nice bike, but it didn't have either stand out power or handling to inspire me to actually buy one.

Some of the Hyo's do look alright if fairings are what you're about too.

Last I knew in the for sale there were a couple of late model Hyos and an Aprilia RS125 that looked interesting.

Comment

If the seller admits that the bike has been dropped, make sure you have a look at the right side engine mount bolt (get them to remove the fairings). The thread is prone to snapping and is a bit of a hassle to repair:

Honda JDM CBR Forums - Broken engine mounting thread (Mootavic?)
                PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Other than that, they're a great bike. Very easy to maintain and very easy to setup the suspension for much better handling (front preload 20c trick and also 600RR rear shock conversion).
                  PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

I can recommend the ZZR250 (or GPX250) if you just want a simple cheap good looking reliable bike.
                    Also, check out the VTR250 if you like nakey bikes

Though, if your heart is set on a CBR250, then get one of those because you want a bike that you will be happy with.
                    Just make sure you have a sit on all sorts of bikes to find not just a bike you like but one that is comfortable and fits you right

Comment

i know some1 who may be sellin his soon, its a quality ride. Why don't people ride the suzuki across anymore? I loved that bike!
                      (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

yeah i really like the look of the CBR but i was searching the net lastnight keeping an openmind and even the Kawasaki zxr looks pretty awesome. thanks for the advice on the engine mount to!

Comment

CBR250's to me seem like in a league of there own for straight line performance, I can't believe their ability to keep pulling as the rev's keep rising. They look hot, stop quick, sound a treat etc etc but are so expensive...

But yeah, my ZZR has been superb, love and recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushyz View Post
                            CBR250's to me seem like in a league of there own for straight line performance, I can't believe their ability to keep pulling as the rev's keep rising. They look hot, stop quick, sound a treat etc etc but are so expensive...

But yeah, my ZZR has been superb, love and recommend it.
                            You've never ridden a 2-stroke 250 then.
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I know of an NSR 250 for sale
                              And a really good condition GPX...

Comment

Working...
                              X