First longish ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First longish ride

Took starfire out for her first longish ride on Wednesday night.
    After going along Brookton Hwy, we turned left and headed along Canning road. The intention was to go to Canning Mills road, turn left and head back towards Kelmscott.
    Unfortunately, I missed the road sign for Canning Mills road, and we managed to get to Kalamunda...
    Turned around and headed back for Brookton Hwy. On the way back, saw why I missed the canning mills road, the sign was damaged, and unreadable from the other direction. On the return along Canning road, a 'Postman Pat' style van thing came up behind us. He was a bit close, I backed off to give starfire some room.
    We got onto Brookton Hwy, and accelerated away from this guy. But we caught up with an articulated truck. This was the first thing starfire had to overtake. After being stuck behind the truck for a while, this idiot in the postman pat van caught us up, and got so close to me, I thought he was going to touch my back wheel. Gave him the finger and then the wanker sign, he backed off.
    Starfire saw the chance she needed to overtake the truck, and did so, the best part of this was that the Postman Pat guy couldn't get past, and we didn't see him again !!
    She rode really well, am really pleased with the advances she is making with her riding, considering she has never ridden before (she leans around the corners too !).
    Well done starfire !!!
    Last edited by Incognito; 16-11-2007, 10:40 AM.

woo hoo, well done you'll be out there with us soon

Comment

Well Done Star.....next time HR organises a Saturday ride....expect to see you riding and not pillioning! Awesome effort!!!

Comment

Those first long rides are harder then anything imo.. It's not until you lose the tension in the shoulders and the permanent butt clenching that riding becomes relaxing. Good work.
        [Y]

Comment

good effort starfire, don't worry about being last, i'll take that honour
          now when i go out i like a nice easy cruise
          the added bonus is if hellrayer want's to tank it a bit i can take over shadowing duties
          there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

uurrr what is the "starfire" ? ???!......?
            Jackie the C

I love V-twin ^^'

Comment

Originally posted by Jackomo View Post
              uurrr what is the "starfire" ? ???!......?
              who not what
              starfire is a RE learner, not a lastest bike
              catchy name though, you wanna register that name star before any of the big four release the "starfire" LOL
              there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

What do you mean lobo, I never tank it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Helrayzer View Post
                  What do you mean lobo, I never tank it !!!

Liar Liar!

I saw you & Sentry hit the throttle last Saturday.... Just hope I can do the same oneday.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorik View Post
                    I love blue.

Comment

Working...
                    X