I am the slow control QUEEN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am the slow control QUEEN!!

You guys better get used to me posting once a fortnight about my lessons, this is going to be a regular thing

Well not really slow control queen, but I did my first lot of slow control in my lesson this morning and I did really well!

I managed to turn on a normal sized road (ie: not a carpark) after about half an hour's practice. My instructor (Dave, at Alert, who rocks btw) was very pleased with my progress. And I used the front brake today too.

Gear changing next lesson, woot!! So maybe a couple more and I'll be on the roads (watch out peeps!)
    R Legal and loving it

And modest too...

Comment

Dave's a great instructor, well they all are down at alert! Helped me to get my R a month ago.
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

the boys will be sad soon... the "pillion bitch" will be riding by herself and not on the back of their bikes..

well done, and keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by zoikz View Post
          the boys will be sad soon... the "pillion bitch" will be riding by herself and not on the back of their bikes..
          That's it then. Will def have to fit new brighter headlights once that shiny moon disappears

Comment

Someday I'll challenge that title, Kali

I'll give you the advantage tho - you can do it on your zoom zoom and I'll use the big top heavy busa :p

Srsly tho, congrats on nailing the next skill on the list. An important one too - low speed control gives you soooo much more confidence on the bike.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Congrats, slow speed control is probably the 2nd most important thing you'll ever learn. It's straight after high speed control
              Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Originally posted by zoikz View Post
                Surely you jest

Comment

Awww thanks guys - I was super excited, love having lessons. Wish I could have them more often, but alas, budget won't allow that

Haha, yeah I'll have to change my sig eventually
                  R Legal and loving it

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                    And modest too...
                    ^^^
                    Hehehe

Congrats but, I c heapsa guys with their licence going slowly round the car parks stumbling their feet all over the ground. Stay Safe

Comment

Nice one Kali I better take u 4 a pillion soon, b4 I miss my chance entirely!

-s-

Comment

Originally posted by Tenchi View Post
                        Congrats, slow speed control is probably the 2nd most important thing you'll ever learn. It's straight after high speed control
                        Says the kid on the 2fiddy Up n at'm, tiger!
                        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                          Says the kid on the 2fiddy Up n at'm, tiger!
                          Says the man riding a bike that can do twice actual the maximum speed of my bike *cries sadly and crawls back under rock*
                          Last edited by Tenchi; 19-11-2007, 07:35 AM. Reason: Not that I'd ever actually go that fast *looks around*...
                          Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Grats chickadee.

Would you say that the time spent on your pushy has helped?

Comment

You're going to have to fight to pillion me Spyce, there's a lucky draw up each week now

Or perhaps I should call it a "not so lucky" draw?

Jo, I'm not sure if it's the pushy or all the pillion rides that are helping... my biggest problem is confidence - a car drove up behind me as I was doing a slow turn on the road (I did see it in my mirrors well before) and I kind of freaked out a little and messed up that turn (thank goodness for my automatic reaction of grabbing the clutch!)

Once I get used to the bike more I think I'll be fine though
                              R Legal and loving it

Comment

Working...
                              X