RE to R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE to R

I have been riding on RE for 3 years, do you guys recommend I have at least 1 lesson with someone before sitting my R?
    Maybe I just need someone to tell me what bad habits to lose, where I can tighten things up a bit?

G
    Come back Jeremy, it was only a joke.

Certainly couldnt hurt.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Now got 17k to spend

Oh, and I just got my loan approved. Now just have to decide what to spend around 17 grand on. I was thinking of Triumph Bonneville or Moto Guzzi Nevada, but then I went to a Triumph shop and now I am totally lost. Do I want a looker, or something fast, or something to ride long distances or ..... aargh.

What would you spend 17k on for your first over 250cc bike?

G

Comment

I went from a VTR250 to this...

Yes the bike in the pic is mine.

In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by thegraeman View Post
          What would you spend 17k on for your first over 250cc bike?
          I probably wouldn't to be honest. I would probably by a mid range 600 sports or tourer bike second hand and get used to the extra power and different handling. Although the Bonneville would be a nice next step too

I would hate to drop a brand new bike whilst I was still getting used to a bigger bike. But that is just my thoughts

The insurance might be interesting fully comprehensive on a $17k litre bike, have you checked?
          Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Depends on age, insurance history etc.
            Just as a matter of interest i was quoted $750.00 fully comp for a brand new R1 12 months ago whilst on R-Learners.

I dont agree with the whole, "Ooo a thou is way too big a step from a 250" BS either. Its all in the wrist and the head. If youve got half a brain, and your sensible about the power then go for it.

Comment

Are so that was your bike aphex at the newbie country ride last sunday?

Comment

Yip....

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Well, thanks for the sensible replies, and yes, I am looking at a 650-800 ish.

BUT, without being sensible, what would you buy? You get handed 17k and told to buy any bike at all. Go on, make my decision harder, I dare ya.

Oh, and what the hell is that bike up there? It caught my eye in the pics of the country ride. That is one hell of a temptation right there.

G

Edit - noticed the Yamaha symbol and looked it up, MT-01 sweet. Thats a big jump.

Comment

That up there is what i bought..:

Depends what you like. For me, i dont like cruisers or supersports. Im a pretty big bloke and the seating position of both shits me, so a naked it was. MT-01 was the most unique bike id seen and after a ride it was a must have. I tried the FZ6, R6, FZ1, R1, CBR600, CBR1300, XJR1300 etc before i bought it though.

Bonnie is a nice bike. Guzzi though? Meh.

The best suggestion i can make is to go ride something. You'll know whats right for you.

Comment

I'm going for my R's next month and plan to go for a lesson or two before the test.. The hassle of rebooking a test is too great to risk otherwise over what might a silly bad habit you have picked up.

17k to spend on a new bike? ... Nice!!

I just bought myself a 07 Bonneville and am loving it. On the note of insurance I got my bonnie on full comp agreed value @ 13k for $371 (12m) with Bikeguard, I don't have my R's yet and have been riding RE's less than 12m's

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
                          I went from a VTR250 to this...

Yes the bike in the pic is mine.

Note to G: you won`t get the girl with it thou.....
                          SP RACINGis supported by:
                          MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                          Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                          Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by thegraeman View Post
                            BUT, without being sensible, what would you buy? You get handed 17k and told to buy any bike at all. Go on, make my decision harder, I dare ya.
                            Well if you put it like that.....

Triumph Sprint ST
                            Triumph Speed Triple
                            Triumph Bonneville
                            Triumph Thruxton
                            (all with a bit of extra money for mods - note I didn't say bling!)

Aprilia Shiver (if we ever get to see one)

And as a second hand option:
                            MV Augusta Brutale 910S (Hmm - now there is a thought, watch this space)

PS You might be getting the idea that I don't really go for the run of the mill YamaKwakaHonduzuki machines
                            Adventure before Dementia

Comment

What do you want in a bike?
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X