Drive shaft ..... where to get one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft ..... where to get one ?

I miss 250run ^^' , yeah my bike is under maintainance so im no wheel for now.

The drive shaft of my bike is abit wear out so the front sprocket doesnt spin in circle no more (kind of like elip spin) and make the chain vibrating alot (gear brake and wheeli on loose chain is not good for your drive shaft), do you know where I can get a spare part for the drive shaft ? any bike wreck place around Perth ?

Thanks,
    Jackie the C

I love V-twin ^^'

What bike?

Comment

Are the bearings worn, or is the output shaft from your gearbox bent?
      Can't imagine the output shaft being bent easily, more likely a collapsed bearing (without seeing it).

Good luck getting a used one - would be cheaper and easier to put a used engine in.
      Replacing worn/damaged bearings might be a bit easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
        Are the bearings worn, or is the output shaft from your gearbox bent?
        Can't imagine the output shaft being bent easily, more likely a collapsed bearing (without seeing it).

Good luck getting a used one - would be cheaper and easier to put a used engine in.
        Replacing worn/damaged bearings might be a bit easier.
        Its not the bearing or the drive shaft bent since when i run the engine without the front sprocket on it the drive shaft still spin in perfect circle without any vibration, there are also few mark of damaged teeth on the drive shaft so Im pretty sure that the sprocket inner teeth "eat up" the drive shaft somehow.

Replace the whole engine could be an interesting option, where can I get one is another question ? My bike is the suzuki across 98.

Thanks,
        Jackie the C

I love V-twin ^^'

Comment

I think we need photos and/or a better explanation of the 'damage'.

The drive shaft you are referring to is the output shaft on the gearbox, to which the front sprocket attaches.

Are you saying that the sprocket is not round, or that the output shaft is bent?

Comment

from the description I think you might be on the money about a screwed output shaft bearing...

Comment

A screwed bearing would probably be leaking oil.

Care to confirm Jackie?

Comment

After took everything apart and have another look, that section of the drive shaft doesnt have any leaking so I dont think it is the bearing, however to be 100% sure I will take the engine apart and exam the bearing.

Thanks for the hint guys, if it is the bearing then hopefully finding a replace one is not as hard as a whole drive shaft .
                Jackie the C

I love V-twin ^^'

Comment

this is gonna end in tears

You say the shaft turns straight when the sprocket is off, and there is no oil leaking around the shaft, doesnt sound like a stuffed bearing. grab the shaft and see if you can move it up and down or towards the front and back of bike, if there is no movement there bearing should be ok. that would be easier than pulling the engine apart!
                  A picture would be good, of the output shaft and of the front sprocket, by the sounds of it the internal spline in the sprocket is stuffed and may have damaged the output shaft spline. post some pics up or take it to someone that knows what they doing.

Comment

Hey Jackie, good luck getting everything up and running again!
                    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Working...
                    X