Passed in Morley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed in Morley

Just passed my R-E in morley. Was fortunate enough to get a guy called Grant who was great. His first comment was how big the Hyosung Aquilla GV250 was I was taking it on.

Made me do 6 consecutive o's in a reasonable street, which went well as I just got my head around shifting my arse to one side and counterbalancing the bike, and being agressive with the back brake to control speed. Once that was sorted, the O's just flowed.

He stopped at least twice to offer up good advice and chatted freely. He started discussing the WA fatality stats for bikes when we pulled over........not something I was really into hearing on my test but hey, at least he was chatting and never stone walled me.

Got pinged on a few small items at junctions and not keeping off the oil, but overall was fine. Emergency stop was a little iffy and just in the distance, the GV250 feels shit for stops and he reckoned I 'did enough to satisfy him'. Have to be be careful of the roundabout they make you take at the very end to get into thr test centre as its in the shopping mall and he told me a lot of people fail there as there are pedestrains and shit all over the place.

I am now enjoying my 'new' VTR250 legally.....feels like a dream compared to the GV250.

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey Davman - I'm taking my tomorrow morn at Morley. Any more advice?? oh by the way congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations there's a few more following in your footsteps this arvo and the next couple of days, hope they all pass

Comment

Ooooooooooooooooooh yeah.

Comment

Well done!!

Comment

grats

Comment

WTB a test soon

Comment

Congrats! No more L`s...let`s hope the other ones pass too!
                    SP RACINGis supported by:
                    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by alpha View Post
                      Hey Davman - I'm taking my tomorrow morn at Morley. Any more advice?? oh by the way congrats!!
                      Thanks all

Hey alpha,

Only other thing that comes to mind is when you leave and enter the centre, make sure you use the right exits otherwise its a fail (as my examiner told me before getting back to the centre). He also pulled me over and said he wanted me to stay on the right of the oil more so watch this. I guess the main thing is getting a decent examiner, hopefully Grant as he was a nice bloke with a very good attitude. They say some of the others there are tossers, but who knows....Good luck!

Comment

Congrats davman... Enjoy it out there and treat that VTR nice now ya hear. Dont be 12 o'clocking it now
                        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                        Its the little things that make the difference
                        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

well done dude congrats to ya!!

Comment

Congrats, take it easy.

Comment

Nice work.
                              I think I had Grant, and he was a top bloke when I was doing my test.

Comment

Working...
                              X