long distance on two fiddys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long distance on two fiddys?

Howdy, just curious about this and was wondering if some more experienced riders had advice, is it a good or bad idea to do long rides on 250s? like say from armadale-pemberton sorta distance, someone said 250s are too light and it would be better to get a bigger bike. any advice on things to work out before ya do a big trip? cheers

That is not a long distance...

You will be fine...

Earlier this year a group of us went to Geraldton, the long way and a old Yamaha SR250 came with us..

It made it there, but it did come back on a ute..

Comment

Dude I rode to Monkey Mia and back on my Hyo in September was FUN

Comment

Frequently do Canning Vale to Margaret River.... easy, nice day trip. Just watch out for the shitty servo with blue metal type gravel for a forecourt on the Bussel HWY. It looks ok, then you hit it at 40 kph and find it's loose small gravel, give ya a bit of a fright and a sore groin when you try to remain upright.

Wear some gear, jacket, gloves etc... stop along the way for drinks and big fry up breaky (Williams ) is good.

I do the trip on 250 CBRR
        Last edited by mekon; 11-12-2007, 06:49 PM. Reason: more detail
        Originally posted by Abuse this
        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

+ 1 for drinking fuck loads of water all I had was a red bull on the way to Gerro and I was well and truly dehydrated by the time we got there... I couldn't even finish my first bundy

CamelBak FTW, Half fill and freeze the night before, top it up in the morning and off you go WOOT

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I rode to Greenhead and back on my ZZR250. Bike handled it fine. Can't say the same for my backside.
            Feels good man.

Comment

I could easily do a 700km day on my VTR250, can't say that I would bother trying on the supermoto though

Comment

Do it...........
                back in the UK we did Lowestoft to Brands Hatch for the GP on 50cc FS1E's
                about 130 miles!!!!!!
                Real Men Ride Nakid
                http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

yeah numb arse syndrome on the 92 cbr250rr seat/park bench

Comment

Originally posted by Billywhizz View Post
                    Do it...........
                    back in the UK we did Lowestoft to Brands Hatch for the GP on 50cc FS1E's
                    about 130 miles!!!!!!
                    back in the day when you had to walk to school....in the snow....with no shoes

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                      Yeah that was back in the day they still used bows and arrows and had the French trying to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                        I can sympathize. My Mum used to take us (Sis and me) to school on the back of a custom tricycle with two rear facing seats on back, Somerset region is fucking cold in winter. One day got to school to find closed as heaters had failed, snow, ice and frostbite by time we got home, thawed out in front of rayburn with nice cup o' hot chocolate.
                        Last edited by mekon; 11-12-2007, 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Have done a 2,000km weekend on a Babyblade. 8-900kms on the first day and the rest spread out over the other 2. Only thing I was worried about was my back... I wore a motox kidney belt/lower back support and I didn't even end up with a backache. Bike handled the trip fine.
                          "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

If you're a tall barstard like me, you'll want to stay away from long rides on a 250 (unless you were smart and got a Hyo).

Comment

nothing wrong with 250s for long rides. whatever you're comfortable on. only a problem if your bike is falling apart, which goes for big and small capacity bikes

did ~400kms in a day a few weeks ago and ive done 1000kms earlier this year on my 250.

its preferable if you're all on 250s on the ride, or the bigger bikes are willing to wait (unless you just meet up at given points)

Comment

Working...
                              X