Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I is so stoopid - a message to CBR250RR owners

Hey,

Was heading off to my girlfriend's place on saturday riding up the freeway when i could feel the power draining away from my bike. I was thinking, "fu^K!!, problems just before selling it!!"
    I pull over into the emergency lane and turn it off, fearing the worst. I do a quick check over and don't see any obvious problem without pulling things apart. So i thought maybe it was a bad bit of fuel or something and ride off.
    1 minute later the same thing happens so i turn off the freeway and start to worry...this is not cool.
    I end up in the carpark across the road from the zoo and begin to organise a trailer with my sister to pick my bike and me up.
    I then look it over once more and notice the reserve tape is horizontal (i.e. the 'OFF' was at the top of the turning knob).

I pretty much accidentally turned the fuel off to my engine and thus it was slowly pulling all the fuel out of the carbies and thus my problems.

So to all CBR250RR owners keep an eye on that fuel tap, it is obviously not too hard to nudge with your knee or some other limb...especially if your working on your bike.

After turning it back to 'ON' it runs beautifully. sure got a scare tho... when your machine runs sweet all the time and suddenly something goes wrong you realize you can take it for granted!!!

Also, does anyone know the number to Murdoch's towing Service, I tried calling him but the number was disconnected. this was the number i tried 0416 013 217.

Cheers,

Mike.t
    Racer #202

well, take comfort in that you didnt put bio-diesel in your tank..

then you would be well stupid..
    Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

hehe, at least it wasn't the kill switch

And you figured it out for yourself.

And you're not afraid to let everyone know about it

Good stuff mate
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

You're not the first that's happened to....

+1 about Murdoch too.
        Dead Man's Hand
        Internationational Porter Protection Group
        Just call me Pat

Comment

heh, i did the same thing- i lowsided at ahg and immediately turned off the fuel. got trailered home and rode it 2 days later, forgot the tap was off. Worked it out pretty quickly after i pulled over though Gave me quite a scare, as i knew i had a full tank and it was a similar feeling as the time i holed a piston.

BTW, im not sure if murdoch is still doing bikes, the trailer aint at his house i think. Il found out and post sometime
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

I heard he wasn't doin it any more... Thanks for the story bloke
            * I take no responsibility for my posts! The lil man in my head makes me type it... ^_^

Comment

ive never accidently nudged my fuel switch before hehe

and murdoch hasnt been towing bikes for atleast 6 months now.
              Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

Can't say I've nudged mine either, bad luck I guess.
                PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

I had that happen 3 days in a row at my last job. Found out it was a bloke there being funny and switching it off. I never got very far out of the carpark and up the street. Smashed his mirrors off his scooter for his idea of a laugh.
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

maybe some1 did it on purpose...

when u gettin an open bike dude!
                    (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

haha. Adam, the only person that could have done that was my sister because the bike hasn't left the house for a while....will give her a dead-arm in the morning.

Once the paint job is finished I'll be putting her up for sale and will upgrade...

Mekon...i love your reaction to someone screwing around with your fuel switch!

Anyway, hope someone learnt something from this...and thanks for letting me know that Sabre no longer tows bikes...I'll do a search for someone else who is trust-worthy and tows bikes.

mike.t
                      Racer #202

Comment

that sucks mike7, haha reminds me of when I sold the RS125 not long ago.

Went down to matthew's netball centre for buyer to have a ride, after he and another bloke took it for a ride, we'd organised to go back to mine to do some paperwork, and it seems one of the two who rode it used the kill switch.

I'm sitting there trying to start the bike thinking "fuck, what's going on?!" and it not doing anything. The reason I didn't think to look at the KS was because I never used it in the year I rode it..

haha it's quite embarrassing really but worthy of a laugh now

Comment

hahaha, my friend was the culprit there, i do use the killswitch now as i heard it prevents some battery drain, but i have also been guilty of using it and forgetting that i had it off when starting...

Hows the bike goin mickyt? up for the newbie ride next week before you sell your bike?

Comment

love the storys about the kill switchs and the fuel tapes, lol but with having Falcore for a brother hehehehe i have learned to alwasy check my KS and my fuel taps

xx eva

PS but i have done it my self, once with the fuel switch, because my bike leaks fuel if i leave the switch on, so i always turn it of when i turn her off, but i forgot one day, and after having 12 months of trouble geting her so she runs nicely to have her play up one day and stop i was really really pissed at her, but turned out it was my fault opppps
                            Miss Brick (eva)</span></span>

Comment

I had the same trouble years ago on my trailie,
                              turned out it was a clogged fuel filter.
                              The usual $2 component.

Comment

Working...
                              X