yamaha servicing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha servicing.

So wanna get my FZR looked over properly so i can get a list of things that need attention, its got a leak of some sort, which im gonna presume is an oil leak, but im not sure, and just needs a thorough look over and service.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get the work done? preferably asap so if they were open atm that would be helpful.

Also i need to get my back tyre changed who do you guys normally get your tyres from?

Atm i was planning to get the servicing etc done at the joondalup yamaha dealership, but if you know of someone else better to do the work that'd be great.

Cheers.

Just my own personal feelings on this

Take your bike over the road from the Yamaha place to Bikers Corner

Can't complain about the standard of work done or the attitude of the people at BC-over the road however.............

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
      Atm i was planning to get the servicing etc done at the joondalup yamaha dealership, but if you know of someone else better to do the work that'd be great.
      Personal opinion? HELL NO! I'm with Guzziboy on that one.
      Since you're NOR - Call one of the mobile mechanics. Great personalised, convenient service and usually cheaper than dealers.
      I'd recommend either of these guys...
      Derek Ball - 0438 926 511
      Gavin Carlini - 0417 945 557

I take my Yami to Five Star in Hamilton Hill - and have done since I bought it. (I lived in Carramar at the time!) But it is a bit of a hike, so although they are awesome... I won't push them at you!
      Last edited by Ice; 01-01-2008, 03:09 PM. Reason: adding phone numbers
      "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

+2 for Bikers Corner.
        Have heard good reports about Yammy Joondalup for servicing....but would never buy anything form the front half of that building..EVER.
        Originally posted by Viper
        I'm probably fucking something up.
        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
        Administrator

Comment

Give Gavin Carlini a call, he is up that way ATM and is a mobile mechanic, I know he hasn't got a lot booked in this week.

Mobile Motorcycle Medic
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I have to get mine serviced also and bought it from North city. Spent nearly 20k with them on a new bike 1 month ago, they dropped it off and never heard a peep since. Would have thought a call to see how it was going was in order. I wont be going back there ever.
            Success is Choice.

Comment

I think most shops work on the theory no news is good news, and if there was a problem they feel you would be back.

as i said Gavin and some other guys can do you book maintenance and not void warranties.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

north city doesnt want to touch it as its pre-96.

Bikers corner wasnt thrilled with touching it.

The bikers garage in wangara booked it in no problems. Anyone dealt with them before?

Id rather not go for a mobile mechanic, just because it needs a new tyre as well and apparently noone seems to stock the size i need, so i need them to order me one.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                  north city doesnt want to touch it as its pre-96.
                  THAT is worthy of a complaint to Yamaha.

I recall a simialr response when I was looking for paint codes for my FJ a few years ago. Seems like North City have not changed their outlook ..... Dickheads.
                  Last edited by FJ Steve; 03-01-2008, 11:44 PM.
                  Originally posted by Viper
                  I'm probably fucking something up.
                  FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                  Administrator

Comment

Motomax in Cannington? I have a friend who bought an FZR from there where he also gets it serviced. Worth checking out/calling up.
                    PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

i live in carramar and dont have a trailer to transport it.

This means i need to organise a shadow for me to get my bike places while my dads out of town.

Canningtons a fair distance to expect someone to shadow me to both when i drop it in and then again when i bring it back.

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...service-43213/

They arent "BAD" at Yamaha Joondalup, but they could ba a lot better. I got most of my accessories from Bikers Corner over the road, and those guys are great- havent had a service from them though, so I cant comment there.

Comment

Working...
                        X