RE Test - 13th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Test - 13th Feb

So i went to call up and book my RE test today, anticipating a nice long wait. The DPI licencing tells me that i have a test already booked in for the 13th of Feb at Joondalup. Someone had booked one in for me. I guess thanks to Mr Brian Muirs (My teacher). Didnt know anything about it. Dont have my next lesson with him till the 17th and 19th. I should be ready by then.

Anyone got any input about the RE Test or the Joondalup Licencing Centre?

Adam
    The 15.9 second ROCKET

Originally posted by Abz View Post
    So i went to call up and book my RE test today, anticipating a nice long wait. The DPI licencing tells me that i have a test already booked in for the 13th of Feb at Joondalup. Someone had booked one in for me. I guess thanks to Mr Brian Muirs (My teacher). Didnt know anything about it. Dont have my next lesson with him till the 17th and 19th. I should be ready by then.

Anyone got any input about the RE Test or the Joondalup Licencing Centre?

Adam
    If you read the thread with the Oct 4 RE test, that's pretty much got everything in there.

Biggest problem with Joondalup: So many speed zone changes, and so many 2-1 lanes. There's also about 11 different test routes they can take you down with 3 they use frequently.
    Best solution to get around it:
    Basically know the speed limits of almost every street in the area... especially that Joondalup Drive is 70 until it gets to the 80 section.
    Biggest bit of advice I can give you: When doing your emergency stops, they basically do them all in the same area of Joondalup. That area has heaps of side streets. Do early head checks as you're accelerating, that way you can focus on your emergency brake when you get to the braking zone.
    They love taking you to a merging to right lane (I believe it's from Moore Drv) back to the licencing centre - if you don't know the merge point I'm talking about, go take a drive down there and check it out. It's important to merge as soon as you can see the sign in the distance in that area, as there's usually heavy traffic in the right lane at all times of the day.

If I get my bike back by then (god help the insurance company if I don't, for firebombing I will be a-goin) and either Steve or Dad can shadow you, I'll even take you down some of the test routes with someone else as your legal shadow at a time that is convenient.

Good luck for your test, and I hope to god that you do not have to do O-turns in Neil Hawkins. If you can do O-turns there and you can do them easily anywhere else on the test routes they can take you to.

EDIT: PM me if you want to have a bit of a "test" ride (hahaha) coz I probably won't have a looksy at this thread again.
    Last edited by Tenchi; 10-01-2008, 02:40 PM.
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Here's the one I used on Tuesday.

from:Boas Ave @-31.743113, 115.771324 to:Boas Ave @-31.743090, 115.769930 to:Queensbury Rd @-31.737775, 115.767961 to:Grand Blvd @-31.735648, 115.768520 to:Coldlake Ct @-31.731792, 115.767497 to:-31.730905,115.763605 to:Grand Blvd @-31.741325, 115.77

A: Start Point (Licensing Centre)
      B: Quick Stop & O Turns
      C: Hill Park (although that was a bit of a joke)
      D: Finish

The route is as close as I can remember, and I'm going to drive it this aftrernoon, and I'll make any corrections as I find them

Comment

they also love the 2 lane round about next to the hospital make sure you stay in the left lane if you enter it from there and isa versa for the right lane its just a basic round about but SO many people get it wrong. best advice for you which im sure plenty of people have told you is to have a drive around and get to know the area, speed limits,merges there is a couple they might take you down the one on I thinks it grand blvd coming from moore dr there is also one on moore drive just as you get through through the lights from grand blvd coming away from centre. I am sure that brian will go through most of the spots to look out for he has been there enough times.

Good Luck anyways most of the guys that do the bike tests are pretty good guys just hae a chat with em b4 and relax

Comment

Working...
        X