• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
    was jokingly referencing the 911 attacks
    Speaking of references:

Comment

The level of competancy needed to stay alive on the roads today in traffic has risen & the level of testing has not risen with it.

When you add the entitled views of kids these days wanting everything yesterday you see threads like these often.

All the people on here have given the guy good advice with the best of intentions sadly he has disregarded it and added conjecture of his own.

Good luck my friend and take care.

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post

In an EMERGENCY, you need to stop the bike not be stuffing around with the gears. I sort off understand why you might go down but....(sounds like your instructor is out of touch with the examination procedure)

Why on earth would anyone be allowed to ride unsupervised without a licence? What would be the point in getting a licence if you can ride around without a shadow and no licence?
        actually you need to be in first when you stop if you need to get out of the way of the car behind you barreling up your ass, This was the old reasoning for the old test which I agree with
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whowalks View Post

actually you need to be in first when you stop if you need to get out of the way of the car behind you barreling up your ass, This was the old reasoning for the old test which I agree with
          When i got my K class licence in WA in the late seventies the requirement was you changed down to first while emergency braking.

For those old enough to remember the K class was for an unlimited motorcycle in 1979 they made new riders get an l class for 12 months which allowed them to ride motorcycles up to 250cc which you had to hold for 12 months before you got your K class.

You also had to do figure eights instead of O turns and hill starts sometimes with some guys saying the assessors would place a matchbox behind your rear tyre.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly.999 View Post

When i got my K class licence in WA in the late seventies the requirement was you changed down to first while emergency braking.

For those old enough to remember the K class was for an unlimited motorcycle in 1979 they made new riders get an l class for 12 months which allowed them to ride motorcycles up to 250cc which you had to hold for 12 months before you got your K class.

You also had to do figure eights instead of O turns and hill starts sometimes with some guys saying the assessors would place a matchbox behind your rear tyre.
            +1 When I got my licence back in the mid 80's it was the same although it was an L Class not an I Class for 250 but all the rest was the same
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
            X