Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'I passed my 250 license test' thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
    Every time I passed a test I always got my card re-issued. Seemed easier.
    Do you know if thats something i can do by just calling the transport department up or will i have to go in there.

    Comment


    • Need to go in I believe. I just got it reissued every time I passed a test.
      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
        Need to go in I believe. I just got it reissued every time I passed a test.
        Fair call. Cheers

        Comment


        • Originally posted by caspa View Post
          Just wondering what the go is now that i've passed my test. As the R-E class isn't on my license card but is on the system is it a good idea to get another card with it on there(if possible to do so ) as my license doesn't expire for another few years so wont get a new card until then. So that when i go test ride bikes and go to look at buying bikes i can prove that i have my license or can i just take my copy of the test paper to prove that i passed.
          Take the paper with you or they probably wont let you test ride any. Until my new license shows up I haven't been able to test ride R-class bikes because my license still says RE, so you'll have the same issue. As Crobbo said, get it re-issued

          If you get pulled over, you'll also have to point out to EVERY cop that you have a license. I've never been pulled over and they haven't questioned me because my plastic license only said RE, when I was riding R-class bikes. It still goes through on the computer, they just don't check..
          Rest in Peace

          #294

          Comment


          • All your questions answered here

            http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licen...my-licence.asp

            "Lost or damaged driver's licences can be replaced by:

            Submitting an application form.
            Providing supporting identity documents.
            Paying the application fee.
            This also applies if you are replacing your licence for other reasons, such as when you have added a new vehicle class to your license."
            Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

            I'm a BOM rider, that is, I need to check the Bureau of Meteorology before riding!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RA35GT View Post
              Some places will require the plastic licence some others will accept the paper.

              I'd just pay for another one if it's still a few years until expiry mate
              Yea that's probably what I'm gonna do


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • when i passed my RE test they took my licence off me and said it will be re-issued so it has the RE on it. 35bux thanks.

                i didnt even have the option to keep my old card.
                Originally posted by Paraletic
                little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Benny D View Post
                  when i passed my RE test they took my licence off me and said it will be re-issued so it has the RE on it. 35bux thanks.

                  i didnt even have the option to keep my old card.
                  So you had to ride around without a licence at all? Great if you get picked up
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                  98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                    So you had to ride around without a licence at all? Great if you get picked up
                    yep. all i had was the piece of paper that came with the card re-issue.
                    Originally posted by Paraletic
                    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

                    Comment


                    • Got my test at City West next tuesday. So nervous I'm gonna fuck up, like forget to indicate around parked cars or leave indicator on or something really dumb etc. So many bad habits picked up from driving a car for so long. Been ironing out these issues in plenty of lessons but nerves always make you do stupid things.

                      Comment


                      • City West is a prick sometimes, there are some very tricky situations that you can't plan for and aren't always easy to nail the technicalities on
                        Ryan

                        Originally posted by Aufitt
                        Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

                        Comment


                        • City West also has one of the highest pass rates
                          Rest in Peace

                          #294

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                            City West also has one of the highest pass rates
                            Yup, I passed there so it must be easy!
                            Ryan

                            Originally posted by Aufitt
                            Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

                            Comment


                            • Woo passed my test.

                              So excited so I went for a ride. Stopped at the servo 1.5kms from home topped off the tank for like 3.50, went to start the bike, flat battery :/

                              Tried jump start to no avail, a mate rescued me with a new battery.

                              Hurray, rode 10 more kms had a coffee went to start the bike, nothing at all, no lights.

                              Checked the fuses, 15amp blown, replaced the fuse, bike starts, it's now dark and the headlights are not on, check fuses again replaced another fuse, back in business.

                              Ride 20 more km's have dinner, riding home the bike stalls at the lights, the bike won't idle (think I fucked the idle screw when I was trying to jump start- don't ask why)

                              Bit of a lack lustre day but I got home in one piece and with a license, albeit a bike that won't idle and stalls at low revs.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Everlongdrummer View Post
                                Got my test at City West next tuesday. So nervous I'm gonna fuck up, like forget to indicate around parked cars or leave indicator on or something really dumb etc. So many bad habits picked up from driving a car for so long. Been ironing out these issues in plenty of lessons but nerves always make you do stupid things.

                                good luck...deep breaths helped me - just remember to head check head check head check! and don't forge the stop line in the City West DPI Carpark itself - no sign just the line on the road

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X