Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed in City West today! Clean sheet! Had Tom, pretty good guy but didn't say much. For anyone who's interested (as I was before the test) here is the route I took with Tom.

Pretty nervous before and during the start of the test but relaxed once we started. Nerves were relaxed a bit more while I was waiting before the test, when an a dude was doing his car practical test, leaving the City West car park somehow took out 5 cars in a matter of 3 seconds (almost took out a 6th Porsche Cayenne) - was pretty funny / sorry for the driver.

Big thanks for Dwayne from Down Under Riders - can't recommend him enough, best teacher ever. Time to get out and ride!

Comment

• Congrats, hands down the best test map I've seen on PSB.
      Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
      Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
      BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

• Onya Drummer, congrats !

Comment

• Originally posted by sil3ntr View Post
          Woo passed my test.

So excited so I went for a ride. Stopped at the servo 1.5kms from home topped off the tank for like 3.50, went to start the bike, flat battery :/

Tried jump start to no avail, a mate rescued me with a new battery.

Hurray, rode 10 more kms had a coffee went to start the bike, nothing at all, no lights.

Checked the fuses, 15amp blown, replaced the fuse, bike starts, it's now dark and the headlights are not on, check fuses again replaced another fuse, back in business.

Ride 20 more km's have dinner, riding home the bike stalls at the lights, the bike won't idle (think I fucked the idle screw when I was trying to jump start- don't ask why)

Bit of a lack lustre day but I got home in one piece and with a license, albeit a bike that won't idle and stalls at low revs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Bit of bad luck with the bike there Sil3ntr but congrats on the pass!

Comment

• Passed yesterday (03/08) for my R-E at Willagee - nerves were running a bit high lol

Cheers to Lester from Lester's riding school for the lessons, hopefully I remember it all when I go for my open class eventually!

Comment

• Originally posted by AvalancheSunset View Post
              Passed yesterday (03/08) for my R-E at Willagee - nerves were running a bit high lol

Cheers to Lester from Lester's riding school for the lessons, hopefully I remember it all when I go for my open class eventually!
              Nice work, I also passed at the same centre after lessons with Lester. Top guy. Congrats

Comment

• WOOOOOO!!! Passed my test on Monday at midland. Although I did get done by a speed camera in my car on the way there . Did my lessons through Simon at Smart rider.

Comment

• Passed RE on the 10th and have naturally done the new guy thing gone out and bought a ninja, so just need a fuzzy helmet cover for the stereotype right ?

- the route is clockwise, straight red line is the E Stop (done immediately on leaving the test centre), Red O for the controlled turns. The pink circle is a pain in the ass set of roadworks (I don't drive in Perth so was all new to me although I think I have the map correct) if they have you turn left then you lane change after the roadworks and almost immediately go past a road into a car park, cancel the turn signal!

On the return to railway street junction going back into the test centre I was told if the lights stay green go straight ahead if not go left.

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/rob...gupqh.jpg.html
                  Last edited by Robw; 23-10-2016, 11:06 PM. Reason: Edit - apologies apparently it doesn't like the image from my phone link to photobucket inserted
                  Keep up to date! - https://www.emergency.wa.gov.au/

Comment

• Passed my R-E today!!!
                    Couldn't be happier, finally get to go out and enjoy this awesome weather. Did the test at kelmscott and didn't seem to have any issues, although the assessor didn't give me my sheet he asked if I really needed one and I said not really and he disappeared. All that really matters is I passed and on my first attempt

Comment

• Hey guys Passed my R-E test yesterday blitz it no problems at all lol,

Comment

• Congrats on the passes!

- LHarris, without that pass sheet you should probably pay for your RE plastic card licence thing, it doesn't seem they send one out. (I've not received one)? Without the card or the paper showing a pass you may struggle to test ride things if you go to buy a bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robw View Post
                          Congrats on the passes!

- LHarris, without that pass sheet you should probably pay for your RE plastic card licence thing, it doesn't seem they send one out. (I've not received one)? Without the card or the paper showing a pass you may struggle to test ride things if you go to buy a bike.

Yeah I was warned by my instructor that without said test sheet test riding a bike would be impossible especially since my license isn't due for about 3 years. To be honest the assessor was quite slack he seemed grumpy and just said 'do you really need one?' Since I already own a bike I said no it's fine (I just wanted to get home ASAP to ride) but yeah might need to pay the 38 bucks and have it on the card

Comment

• As long as he filled it in and put it through the computer! They give out carbon copies so I don't understand why he couldn't do it for you, all he needed to do was circle "passed" the rest of the info should have been on there from the beginning of the test. I'd definitely follow it up if it was me!

Comment

• Yea I'm with you mate. Seems very weird that they didn't give you it. As he would of pretty much had it in his hand being that it's a carbon copy. So all he had to do was just rip it off and hand it to you.

Originally posted by Robw View Post
                              As long as he filled it in and put it through the computer! They give out carbon copies so I don't understand why he couldn't do it for you, all he needed to do was circle "passed" the rest of the info should have been on there from the beginning of the test. I'd definitely follow it up if it was me!

Comment

• Passed at the Cannington DoT this morning. Feedback was that I left my indicator on too long on one corner and I stalled it twice turning back into the licensing centre.

Comment

Working...
                                X