EOI Learner only Ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOI Learner only Ride.

Now that dragsta has aquired his instructors licence, we are looking at running a series of Learner only rides (R-E only). This will be open to approximately 10 learners and will run on a Sunday afternoon for 3-4 hours, time, details, ride location etc still to be determined. For those that do not have a bike, I will provide up to 3 bikes for learners to ride, including my NSR150 for the more experienced learner(I am still waiting for parts for it before I am happy to let anyone ride it but it wont be too far away).

Some learners will need to provide a shadow as we cant be expected to look after 5 learners

There will be no costs or charges for this ride, except for fuel if you use one of my bikes.

Can anyone that is interested post up so we can work out if this is something that will be worthwhile. Please let us know what sort of content you would like to be included in the ride, such as riding conditions, roads, things that you would like to know etc etc. I have got some ideas myself but am open to options.

Def would be keen, Its a great idea

Comment

great idea mate..good on ya for organising something like this..makes me wish that there were such initiatives around when i was going for my REs..

i'm still a noob with less than a year's experience but if there's anything i can do to help i'll try to work my way around my uni and work schedule to help out..

-shui

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
      Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

This is an awsome idea. Id definatly be interested!!!

Dont really have any suggestions for content but its all good.

I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me
        ^_^

Comment

im not a p-plater yet(end of month) would a p-plater be able to tag on? my own bike of course, otherwise its a fantastic idea and would provide newer riders with a much needed confidence boost, great idea!
          Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
          Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
          In the backroads as it is on the freeway
          Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
          And forgive us our lanesplitting
          As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
          And lead us not into gravel corners
          But deliver us from hand-held radars
          For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
          Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

i will definitely be raising both hands up for this.
            as much as i can to practise more, the more people the better for confidence i think.

id like to be able to go over basics, stopand starts, ect. but a chance to have us learners t have some pract time to get comfortable with the ability to question some experiance riders would be great.

let me know if i can assist in anything too, i have experience with lesson plans and instructing also. just i'll be a learner too
            Check out mah beginner bike for sale - Honda VTR 250 04'

Comment

I'll be keen to go on these rides. I think keeping the rides small sounds like a good idea, this will give the less confident riders enough space and time to gain experience without putting themselves in too much of a risk. Also having experienced riders spread out throughout the group so we can see the lines, speed and set up's used when going through twisties. Anything i can do to help, just let me know, although be warned i'm slightly a newb myself:-)
              Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by SIKPUPY View Post
                Now that dragsta has aquired his instructors licence, we are looking at running a series of Learner only rides (R-E only). This will be open to approximately 10 learners and will run on a Sunday afternoon for 3-4 hours, time, details, ride location etc still to be determined. For those that do not have a bike, I will provide up to 3 bikes for learners to ride, including my NSR150 for the more experienced learner(I am still waiting for parts for it before I am happy to let anyone ride it but it wont be too far away).

Some learners will need to provide a shadow as we cant be expected to look after 5 learners

There will be no costs or charges for this ride, except for fuel if you use one of my bikes.

Can anyone that is interested post up so we can work out if this is something that will be worthwhile. Please let us know what sort of content you would like to be included in the ride, such as riding conditions, roads, things that you would like to know etc etc. I have got some ideas myself but am open to options.
                The more experience the better!! Great idea! Location dependant.
                Hai!! Ninja Gatto!!Was never here......

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Keep posting up about what you would like to see in this ride and we will take it all in. I will start to write up a bit of a ride plan and try and aim for the first one in about 3 weeks.

These are my ideas so far.

The start and finish point will be Cannington Motorcycles on Albany highway in um yeh Cannington.
                  Down manning road to canning highway,
                  Canning highway to a short river run then through the back streets to marmion st,
                  follow it all the way down and stop off at the willagee lic centre.
                  Quick stop off in freo, cruise up to cotts to check the beach out.
                  Then down Stirling highway to riverside drive back to cannington.

Maybe we will try and buzz through a different lic centre each time we do a ride.

Comment

Interested indeed :p

Bike getting dropped off today with any luck, in 2 hours if all go's to plan. Im excited.

Would need a shadow from willetton to cannington(10 mins or so) but this is all dependant on getting some experience between now and then.

I'd say starting early(10am or so?) would be good, but i guess it's up to the majority to decide.
                    Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

Just sorting a few details out and then I will post up dates for the first ride.

Comment

Dibs a spot in the first ride :-)

dated dependant
                        Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

yeh id be interested... dependant on a shadow from armadale

Comment

Def interested now. Bike is sitting in the carport, helmet is bought, jacket is in the process of getting bought(pending me getting off my ass and going to buy one), everything else is sweet as.

Would need a shadow from willetton as said above still, but that can be arranged.
                            Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

Let me know if you need a hand Sikpupy.

Comment

Working...
                              X