hyo 250 rear sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyo 250 rear sprocket

sooo thinking... would getting a sprocket with a few more teeth on the bak do much to the good old 250hyo???

You would get a more responsive feeling from the bike with marginally increased acceleration, but a slightly decreased top speed.

If the speedo is driven off the front sprocket (don't know for hyos, most 600s/1000s are like this) then this will affect your speedo and accumulated miles slightly - causing them to overread.

A good mod if you are rarely hitting redline in 6th.

Comment

im not really ever hitting redline in 5th hyos only got 5gears if u were refering to them wen u said 6th

um okay cool thanks for that info nigel

Comment

Hey mate from reading up on korider.com

a 50T rear sprocket will give you better acceleration, and not actually effect your top speed. some people have said a little more top speed letting you utilise more of 5th. seeing the hyo doesnt have enough power to pull all the way in 5th it opens that up.

planning to do it soon. only problem is cant find any in australia.

hyosung.biz has them and most aftermarket parts you may need. iam planning on getting a new sprocket. from there. and dale britton has a replacement DID chain for $150. the hyosung chain is crap. just like the brakes pads and pretty much any other wear item on the bike lol

I am going to get a 50T sproket so if you wanna put order in together will save shipping.

Comment

Dunno hyosung stock ratios but for a 47/15 to 50/15 you get an increase of around 6% of torque while making the bike rev 6% more for the same speed and probably consume more fuel.

Also, generally it is common to change front sprocket and chain aswell.

I would do it for sure

Comment

It's a great mod on a 4 stroke 250 for not much dollars, but don't go the other way and get a smaller rear sprocket, it'll be horrible.

Comment

yeah 46 is the stock rear.. apparently 50T is a pretty good size going from alot of people who have messed around with sizes.

Comment

I wonder what ratio is on my bike, maybe it explains some things re dragging.

(andy lost)
                Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Have a play around with numbers on this site matey.
                  Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator
                  The top speed there is the "theoretical" top speed, which is redline in top gear. The bike may not actually have the power to pull all the way up to that speed, so you may not actually lose any top speed in the real world

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPrime View Post
                    the hyosung is crap. just like the brakes pads and pretty much any other item on the bike
                    Fixed

god I'm board
                    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
                    Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                      Have a play around with numbers on this site matey.
                      Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator
                      The top speed there is the "theoretical" top speed, which is redline in top gear. The bike may not actually have the power to pull all the way up to that speed, so you may not actually lose any top speed in the real world
                      I was messing with it a few days ago... Can the Top RPM be changed? I can only have 11000 max ?

Comment

see the up and down arrows next to rpm? ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Dave View Post
                          Fixed

god I'm board
                          at least when you are taking the piss out of someone, use the correct spelling

Comment

Working...
                          X