Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know when you can outride your bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know when you can outride your bike?

In a 250 context for now, how would you know when you are able to outride your bike? Before the inevetable upgrade down the track, id like to make sure I can do this on my 250, mainly so I know I have control over the bike and can advance to the next step so to speak.

I hope this isn't a silly question, but im just curious.
    MSN: pinkygirl_999 at hotmail dot com

Can't you tell that this is all just a contest,
    The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest!

short answer: you never will

long answer: you can always go faster. But what you are asking has very little relevance to riding on the road. Even the motogp riders can't outride the bikes, but they can outride their skill level which puts too much force on some aspect of the bike and causes a crash.

On the road it's all about confidence, having the experience to read traffic, be able to react in just about any situation, and come home alive every day. Every day you learn something new, claiming mastery of riding is a dangerous thing to do, as there is always something lurking around the next bend to catch you unawares.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

What he said. never. I dare say there isnt even one person on theis forum that can ''outride'' their bike.
      Originally posted by Red_is_Best
      hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Thats a good way of looking at it though Barfridge. I was sort of under the impression that with 250's you can get to a point where there isnt much learning left to do (about your bike). I understand when riding on the road there is always things to learn. Will this differ with track riding?
        MSN: pinkygirl_999 at hotmail dot com

Can't you tell that this is all just a contest,
        The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest!

Comment

Track riding is a more intense way of riding. Really learning body positioning, learning about lean angles and movement of weight without the hassle of cars n stuff. I havent stopped leanring up there and Ive been going for a while now.
          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

I did it just the other week.
            (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

What Barfy said!!

Whilst you may pick up enough skills to graduate onto a bigger bike you still have so much learning left on riding the 250. I doubt you'll ever outride any bike
              Ask any rider of a big bike to jump on a 250 and go for a blat! they come back and say that was a blast... so much fun!! You have to stop and think about riding again. I always enjoy jumping back on a smaller bike for a good rip (just not long distance rides!)
              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
              . .

Comment

when you are WOT everywhere
                Originally posted by Bendito
                If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

^^^
                  WHS

When you can go through corners WOT at full lean with full confidence you are ready.

Must people jump to big bikes way to early and never learn how to corner quickly & properly because they make it up with the extra speed the bigger bike gives you.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

The most fun I've ever had was on an FZR250RR around the track. It's also the only bike i've got my knee down on.
                    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

^^^ something I have found on a few group rides where a Jap thou blasts down a straight & is parked in the corner when I'm ripping through on the Duc at a significantly quicker rate.

I know that due to racing a 600 & then jumping on a thou for a blat I ride it like a 600 but with a lot more respect for the throttle; that said I'm not the fastest racer & I def don't want to throw someone elses ride down the road.
                      .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

if you are thrashing the bejezus out of your bike everywhere you go, you are just hurting your bike... if thats the case, then buy a nice 600.

its pretty much impossible (for a normal person) to hurt a 600cc bike... based on the above logic never buy a thousand.

edit: in this day and age of massive fines for speeding infringements- unless you like public transport and arguing with police by the side of the road, imho the golden age of 1000cc superbikes on the street is over.
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

When you crash it going round the coroner, because you could go round the corner but the bike couldnt, ergo it couldnt handle how awesomely fast you are.
                          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

mainly so I know I have control over the bike and can advance to the next step so to speak.
                            You'll know when you are able to operate a bike and advance.

imo change bikes when you're bored of your 250 and eligible for a bigger bike that you have a hard-on for.

Don't think you can't handle a bigger bike because you can't ride your 250 WOT everywhere.

Comment

you're outriding your bike when you look in the mirror and valentino rossi is stareing back.
                              When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
                              Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Working...
                              X