first service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first service

i have just recieved a quote for my first (1000km) service on my 09 ninja 250.
    It was $120 more if i wanted to change the oil.
    I was curious if that was a decent price. I am new to the bike scene and really have no idea.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Cheers

120 bucks for oil? fuck that
    If its not necessary, (ie won't void your warranty if you dont do it), i'll change your oil for nothing (you supply the oil though)
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

It would be oil + labour.

Still... a bit steep.

Comment

Learn how to do it yourself.

Very easy, a good habit, much cheaper.

Comment

Yes I agree with Maxo. If you get a bit of help now and learn to do it, then you can continue to do your own and save yourself a fair chunk of money
          MSN: pinkygirl_999 at hotmail dot com

Can't you tell that this is all just a contest,
          The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest!

Comment

Yeah, when i said 'change your oil' i meant 'show you how to change your oil'
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
              120 bucks for oil? fuck that
              If its not necessary, (ie won't void your warranty if you dont do it), i'll change your oil for nothing (you supply the oil though)
              I think it is necesary, I got flamed last time I said DIY and save $$$. Apparently they check and tighten bits and pieces on the first service aswell...

I will look for the thread...

Edit: found it

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ce-cost-81781/

Originally posted by thro View Post
              its dumping oil and (supposedly) a proper inspection for stuff missed on pre-delivery, or manufacturing defects.

to do a proper check/service/oil change would probably take 1.5-2 hrs including fairing removal, etc.

$110 in labour for that is probably around about the going rate (for a dealership)... add in oil/filter costs and voila...

Comment

I never said don't get the service, i said DIY the oil change if it won't void your warranty.

Comment

I know you didn't, first service still needs to be done.

Comment

1st oil change is most important one

if it was my motor oil + filter after 25km- oil is cheap, engines expensive!
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I think he means just the oil. ie: get first service done, but not the extra $120 for the oil change... So they will still do all the other bits they need to do.
                      MSN: pinkygirl_999 at hotmail dot com

Can't you tell that this is all just a contest,
                      The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest!

Comment

I had to take mine to an authorised kawasaki service place or it would void warranty, So DIY is probably out of the question.
                        Free android puzzle game
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

thats what it sounds like. and from the way he's saying it, it sounds like it won't void his warranty, because they're giving him the options.

Comment

Just had my first service done $180 (Five Star), no optional extra of an oil change, it's just done.
                            "It moved"

Comment

i changed my oil the other day. $20 for a filter and $50 for oil. 10 minutes of labour mostly involving waiting for the oil to drain.

The annoying thing was finding my dog (Siberian Husky) gnawing on my new filter in the morning. If she sees me doing something on my bike, she likes to "help me". The amount of money i spent replacing shit she chews would make your head spin.
                              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Working...
                              X