Roo Racing muffler for a Suzuki Across

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo Racing muffler for a Suzuki Across

I'm planning to buy one of these second hand, but its a straight through pipe, will it be alot noiser or just a little?

As long as if it is under the legal noise limit, I'd be happy

It won't be under the legal db limit, 95% of aftermarket pipes arn't. Cops can ping you for it if they want.

Compared to the stock pipe it will be a fair bit louder.
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

It's going to make your ears bleed and baby jesus cry.
      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
      Its the little things that make the difference
      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Won't beunder the limit, but it WILL SOUND SICK.

DO IT. You cant put a price on COOL.
        Originally posted by Amac
        suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Got one on my zxr250, before i put a baffel in it it was stupidly loud. It will piss you off very quickly
          Originally posted by Aphex View Post
          It's going to make your ears bleed and baby jesus cry.
          It will achieve both of these things remarkably well
          Motorbikes run on fire and air. Its elemental -Matt Kelly

Comment

Haha i would like to get it for the throaty meatier sound

pley3r, how do I go with putting baffles in it?

Comment

250 inline 4 + Roo Racing Slippon !=Throaty/Meaty Sound.

It's quite literally going to scream its fkn tits off without a hint of throat or meat.
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              Its the little things that make the difference
              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

so will there be much more noise at idle and cruising?

and anybody know anything about adding baffles to a straight through exhaust?

Comment

My uncle had some baffels he had made out of exhaust pipe. Put one of them in the muffler and wrapped it in fibreglass packing stuff. Fixed the bottom end hole that a straight through gave me and while its still reasonably loud its not so offensive anymore.
                  No idea about non backyard ways of doing it, mabye get in contact with the guy who makes the pipes (he's on the forum) and see if he makes baffles for them.

The throaty meatier sound you are after isn't going to happen on a 250. Its going to sound like the little screamer it is no matter what you do to it. Wether you like that or not is just down to personal opinion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mt-jcme354"]YouTube - Ed's zxr250 #2[/ame]
                  Thats with the baffle. Trust me now i have a 900 i know which has the meatier sound

Comment

I know a guy that used to be a motorcycle mechanic that's going to help me with it so he should be able to do something 'backyard'

I'll have to do some reading on exhaust baffles.

Comment

If you go the 'backyard' route i hope you have patience because putting all the holes in the pipe is rather time consuming.

Comment

Working...
                      X