Kawasaki VN250 Top speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki VN250 Top speed

Ive had the VN250 for 2 months, newbie to motorcycles and wondering what sort of top speeds you can get on certain bikes.... im approx 90kgs and struggling to get over 110kmh on the freeway. I cant even get 100kmh (sitting on 90kmh) on the inclines up towards the end of the freeway north. Is this normal?

Yeah most 250 cruisers won't get past about 120 flat out...

Cruisers arn't the most nifty vehicles in 800cc+ form a lot of the time...there is only so much you can expect from a big heavy chrome machine with only a 250cc engine pushing it along.
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

I did 140 on my gsxr once.

Then I changed into second
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Would a ninja 250r struggle on the freeway?

Im beginning to think I shouldve gone for a sports bike now. anyhow 10 months and counting to the open licence.

Comment

It wouldnt struggle much.
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

i've seen an indicated 190 on a ninja
            "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by merctom View Post
              I seriously doubt that but acounting for speedo error it probably went to 170?

Originally posted by killacook View Post
              Would a ninja 250r struggle on the freeway?

Im beginning to think I shouldve gone for a sports bike now. anyhow 10 months and counting to the open licence.
              Piece of piss, you can stay comfortably on 130 with a few grands left in the tacho for another 20/30km/h.

Comment

Srs ?

Have you had the bike de-restricted ?

Or are you secretly towing a parachute ?

The bike will do an indicated $1.50 $1.60 if you seriously tuck in (and look abit silly) so that might mean a real world $1.30 / $1.40 ?

Comment

Yeah but he's 90kg - a reasonable amount of weight for a mildly tuned 250 cruiser.
                  Anyhoo - you have a choice killa - put up with lethargy for 10 months more, or take the depreciation enema and trade it for a sports 250.

S.
                  Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I'm about 100kg and have had mine up to $1.40.

I've found that the bike simply will not pull if you shift into sixth gear too early, and also needs to be kicked down to get up even the mildest of inclines. The only time I get into sixth is when I'm just cruising along on the flat or if I'm on the fun side of $1.10.

The power band on the bike is definitely at the upper end of the rev range (I believe 35hp @ 12,500rpm is peak power), so don't be scared to give it a decent amount of throttle before you shift. It'll do 100+ in fourth gear without any complaints.

Comment

How can you tell if the bike is de-restricted?

It just feels as if the bike cant live up to any potential. However the bike is a 2003 model.

Comment

Come on a LNR and find the guy with a Buell, thats me, i'll let you know if its restricted or not

Comment

I have a Ninja 250R but it only goes up to 155. There must be some electronic speed limiter or something as my tacho wouldn't rev past 11 000 rpm with a 13 000 redline. I reckon it should be able to get to 170 or so without the limiter though, according to some websites I've come across.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by merctom View Post
                            Lemme guess ZX2R not 250R?

Comment

Originally posted by killacook View Post
                              Ive had the VN250 for 2 months, newbie to motorcycles and wondering what sort of top speeds you can get on certain bikes.... im approx 90kgs and struggling to get over 110kmh on the freeway. I cant even get 100kmh (sitting on 90kmh) on the inclines up towards the end of the freeway north. Is this normal?
                              Maybe it needs a service. Have you had it serviced recently or do you know its service history?
                              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Working...
                              X