Few questions about the Ninja (250)r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions about the Ninja (250)r

Hey guys, I've been riding a Kawasaki Ninja 250r for a while and I was just curious about a few things.
    First of all, how can you remove the light reflectors on the front mud guard? I've unscrewed the light reflector off but it leaves that little metal part in, do you require a different screw?

Secondly, I recently installed a different exhaust (Yoshi stainless steel slip on to be exact) and yesterday it was getting fairly dirty, i got a cloth (a cloth used to polish cars) and wiped it, and after i finished wiping it, i noticed that it left some small scratches on the stainless steel finish, so my question is how do you clean your exhaust to keep it tip top shiny, and what cloth do you use?

My first post on this forum

Cheers for all answers

hey dude, microfibre cloth works a treat for making things nice and shiny. $15 from supercheap.

Comment

was the bike re tuned to the new exaust ?? cos it might be running rich and that'd cause the blackening
      When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
      Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Yes you can remove the reflectors, if you use a small socket you can get the little threded thing out, and then just put a bolt in. I used the ones i removed from the rear of the bike putting on a fender elminiator. But you can buy them from Kwacka for $2.

And as for the exhaust, get a decent metal polish and some good polishing cloths and every now and then give it a good buff up.The more often you buff it, the easier it is. If you leave it for 6 months its going to take ages to get a nice finish.

Comment

Originally posted by speedster
          ........third question: its making a whining noise from the fuel tank is this normal?
          Yes breather valve makes noise letting out air.

Just getting a head start on your soon to be third question

Comment

Thanks for all the quick replies.
            a Microfibre cloth at supercheap auto? Alright i'll head over there on monday and get one of those, sounds good, and also some exhaust polish.

@bigdave nah its not causing blackening it's just dirt and dust stuck to the outside of it

@ deeman111 are they $2 at causeway kawak? or can you purchase them at any motoring store?

Comment

i went to mack 1. There just the same bolts as the ones holding the fairings on.

Comment

ah I see, thanks for the reply deeman111

Comment

Another question just popped up, anyone know where to get fender elims, an LED front signal kits and rear tire hugger around here in perth? Preferably stores then internet

Comment

mack 1 has a fender eliminator kit. The only tyre hugger i have seen is from ebay and no idea on the led signals.

Comment

Your best bet its to buy your kit online. Stores in Perth are great if you actually want to see the product before purchasing but chances are that, because there are so many bikes to be catered for, they just wont be able to supply everything you need. Not their fault; its just not financially viable for them.

As for your reflectors, I'm guessing they mount on the same bolts as the front guard. If you unscrew your front guard mounts (one at a time) chances are the reflectors will come off.

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys

Comment

yeah ur best bet is ebay for fender elim/tire hugger but personally i think the tire kit is WAY over-priced. Iv also been looking for a front signal LED. I have the rear break LED off ebay which has inbuilt turning signals and it looks HOT wit my fender eliminator kit!! Iv bought most my shiz for my bike off ebay & no problems yet. K&N Air filter is a wikid buy at under $100! Open my midrange up a tad

Comment

Hey coetz, coppers had anything to say about your fender elim yet?
                            Seen lots of bikes with fender elims and they just look so nice.....dont want to get a sticker on my bike though

Comment

Working...
                            X