Hyosung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyosung

Well ive come across a 07 Hyosung for a good price and low kays and just wondering if its worth it. Its pretty much what im looking for and it feels good to ride..
    Input please?
    If its got wheels or tits, you know it's gonna be trouble. ^_^

If you like it, get it? What else can we say...

Have you done your research about hyosungs? there must be a million threads about them.

Comment

I have done alot of research on them.. Alot of people say there pieces of shit and others think there fine.. What i cant find though is whats the top speed and how are they for overtaking.. Looking for some advice from some hyosung riders please!!

Comment

Top speed?

Are you going to race it?
        Originally posted by Amac
        suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

ok i have a 07 hyo and the only problem ive had is a rattling noise which i found to be coming from 2 front clips once tightened bikes been sweet top speed is around 170 and as for overtaking i reckon its got the guts to get around most cars within 5 secs - its good i wouldnt listen to people who bag them unless they have owned one ussually though i hear the 05 06 models were rubbish but they were good 07 onwards also replace the stock pads theyre shit yeah 80+ it has heaps of power left it only starts slowing in accel at around 140

Comment

Living in Yanchep i would wanna give it a squirt here n there, but nah mostly just for overtaking really like up Marmion av the new bit. Should it be capable of being able to pull from 80 onwards.

Comment

Don't you have a cbr250?

Powerwise, it is a aircooled vtwin... but makes enough power to leave most cars behind. Built quality in the other hand... rusty frame FTW!

Comment

whats wrong with your cbr?
                oh and what model hyosung, i've heard they have more than 1 model.
                Last edited by drifter; 21-08-2009, 10:06 PM.
                Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Originally posted by bren View Post
                  Well ive come across a 07 Hyosung for a good price and low kays and just wondering if its worth it. Its pretty much what im looking for and it feels good to ride..
                  Input please?

nah

Comment

Maxo is always good value
                    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                    1985 - 2009

Comment

Google common problems...write a list of all the things you should check for and go over it before laying down cash.

Comment

Compared to your cbr250r it will seem a bit gutless I would think.

Comment

The CBR is for sale it seems (For Sale Honda CBR250R - Perth Street Bikes).

If you're looking for something fuel efficient and more modern then get a VTR 250. Was reading an old fuel consumption thread and people were getting 300-350 km easy on that thing.

Comment

mate I picked one up earlier in the year for a great price - but I did abit of research into them prior to my purchase. I was originally in the market for a VTR, but became impatient with their high prices and km's (at the time). I got a 06 model with 8000km's and havent had a single problem with it (touch wood)....

Anyway - I made this checklist and had someone whos a mech engineer and has been riding for 30 years to come have a look at the bike with me. Heres some of the things I looked for (some are more obvious than others - and ofcourse this doesnt excuse checking for regular wear and tear, service history, damage etc etc)

Hyosung GT250R
                            2006 Model - Known Problems

1. Check the clutch cable where it attaches to the lever, to ensure that the strands aren't breaking. The bolts on the chainguard should be checked for tightness. Also, check the brake pads and discs as there have been instances of uneven (and sometimes excessive) wear. These are the simple routine items that should be checked.
                            2. For the '06 models and earlier, as a number of running improvements seem to have been made during the '06 production, you have a couple of bigger items as well.
                            3. One is the rear damper, as there were a number of reports (particularly in Australia) of them going soft. These were normally replaced under warranty, with an improved design that had been adopted during the '06 production.
                            4. Another item was a "flat-spot" issue in some engines mid-range (5-6k) power delivery. This was identified as being related to the ignition box. There were a number of different CDI boxes used, and only certain ones had this problem. This was solved by either switching out the box (under warranty) or by removing a wire.
                            5. Check fuel filter for leaks
                            6. Check for false neutrals
                            7. Ensure trip computer and clock are in working order
                            8. Check horn and signals (and all lights) in working order
                            9. Check mirrors for movement while/after riding (they seem to vibrate loose)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for you buying a korean piece of shit that falls apart and is a potential health hazard (im sure there's always some sort of risk when buying a hyo)

Comment

I got a hyosung today. It's got good enough power from 0-90. I didn't go much further than that.

So depends were you want to over take. It wouldn't have much top end power. So in a 70 zone you should be fine. But in higher speed zones you'll need to be very careful.

Comment

Working...
                              X