Exhaust leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust leak

I just went to see the guys down at dale britton motorcycles to get some brake pads but when i rocked up they told me i had an exhaust leak. so now i gotta either replace whats damaged which was around $200 or more, or bend the seal/clip (cant remember which one he said) and use some heat resistant goo. anyone know the pricing and/or process on how to do the second option?

Where's the leak? I'd have thought all you'd need would be a new gasket... More info as to exactly where the leak is?
    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

yeah might've been gasket, its just below the muffler if that helps. its come loose they said

Comment

If the leak is between the muffler base and the pipe (assuming it's just a bolt-on?), then all it should need is a new $10 gasket. What exactly are the parts they're telling you would need replacing?

I imagine I'm probably misinterpretting the problem here (since I imagine DB would know what they're doing lol), I just can't understand what would need replacing for 200 bucks...
        Originally posted by Dragunov-21
        If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

its the next connection after the muffler base and pipe. (it is a bolt on). i cant remember the parts unfortunately, sorry. i'll try and post a pic of where it is soon. i gtg to work now

Comment

Use something like liquard gasket to seal it up. It's easy n simple and has worked well for me
            When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
            Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Working...
            X