Battery Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Charger

Hey guys, had a couple of problems with the bike and in trying to get them fixed the battery's just about ran out of juice. Just seeing if there is anyone around the floreat area who has a battery charger I could come hook my battery up to for a night. Would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Sam

cant you roll start it? and drive around for a while?

Comment

depending on what type of bike you can't do that. Battery charger only way or a jumpstart.

Comment

I'm in westminster if you still need it. Pm me.

Comment

I'm in floreat tonight. Can give you a hand with the bike if needed, but don't really have a charger.
          Is push/bump starting not an option ?, I can help with that if needed.
          It's just around the corner so no probs if you want a hand.

I'm just a PM away
          When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
          Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Is this a double post along with http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...suburbs-89456/

I'm not far from Floreat, could drop you off a charger tonight, PM if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
              depending on what type of bike you can't do that. Battery charger only way or a jumpstart.
              Is that (roll starts) for fuel injected bikes?
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Hey guys, yeah posted here by accident first, didn't know the correct place was to put it in mods etc.

Thanks for the offers, just got it charged round at Dr00's today.

Bike won't start with a pushstart, the battery wasn't the only problem, something to do with the carbies I think. Have replaced plugs / fuel etc then when trying to start battery eventually died.

Will have to take it down to k-tec I think. Cheers for the help

Comment

So whats the exact problem ??

bike turning over at all ?? .... What happens when you try to push start ?? ... Rear wheel locking ?? .... What's the oil look like ??? .... Can it be turned over by hand ??? ...

If you post up enough information (anything and everything you can) there might be people on here with answers for you, I for one have had a few tough problems solved by the good members of PSB

Comment

Last time i tried to start it, small backfires a couple of times, tries to turn over... but doesn't seem anywhere near starting... Put in new fuel and the recharged battery and now it doesnt even backfire, just sounds like chick chick chick chick chick, like its not even trying to catch on?

edit, push start same thing, don't think the back was locking up (was starting in 2nd and 3rd), just didnt want to go. Pretty sure it backfired... might try again later but its all in pieces at the moment so a bit hard.

Comment

chicked chick noise is most likely the starter relay, if it's clicking tons when you hold the starter button then it's normally a sign of a dead battery.

Start by pulling the plugs and check out the gapping, check to see if you can easily turn the engine over by hand. Start ruling basic stuff out and post up all your results even if they seem minute and pointless.

What bike are we talking about ??

Comment

Yeah, I normally would of assumed a dead battery but the battery is only a couple of months old and it wouldn't push start.

What do you mean by checking the gapping on the spark plugs? just installed 4 new ones the other day to see if they were a problem, if i take one of the plugs out and just have it in the plastic covering over it, you can see it sparking..?

Not sure about turning the engine over by hand .

Its a yamaha fzr250, 1989.

Comment

Were the plugs specific ones for your bike ?? Just like cars some require a different gap at the electrode.
                          Look it up in your manual (I think it's 0.7mm~0.8mm) and check it out.
                          Here's a rough picture of how to do it.

Check that the leads are ok. I've had problems with an old car because of faulty old leads.

Is the bike pushable in top gear ?? , Not to start, but can you put it in top gear and push around with the clutch out ?

I'd offer to come by and help coz I'm oftern in Floreat, but at the moment I'm stranded SOR with nails in my tyre
                          Last edited by Big_Dave; 30-08-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X