125 Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 125 Market

Not really "new" news, but Yamahaha are entering the 125cc "super(lol)sport".

Yamaha YZF-R125 is here:
    2009 Yamaha YZF-R125 Motorcycle

The Race Replica YZF-R125 is here:
    2009 Yamaha YZF-R125 Team Yamaha Race Replica - The fast track to the Rossi experience

It made news on the Yamaha Australia site (here) but I didn't notice details regarding availability in Oz yet (but the fact that it's openly advertised in Oz suggests it may make it, in the light of the 125 GSXR not being news on the Australian Suzuki site)...

Competition for the fetus blade can't hurt, right?
    Originally posted by Ferris
    I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

This has been 'about to be released here any moment now' for at least 2 years.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Competition is rarely a bad thing. Certainly looks good and can tell people you have an R1 *cough*25*cough*.

I'd never be interested in a 125 4 stroke myself, but there's a market for it. Especially with more and more people opting to ride as fuel becomes more expensive.
      Originally posted by Amac
      suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
        This has been 'about to be released here any moment now' for at least 2 years.
        Yerr I know, however, I think this is the first time that there has been a firm acknowledgment of it by yamahahahaha on their Oz website. Plenty of bike mags/rags have been grinding the rumour mill about this (and the GSXR125 as well) but this seems a little more concrete.

Maybe in a year's time?

Comment

That's a great looking 125... I was going to get my girlfriend to buy a foetus blade but might wait for one of these
          Originally posted by Koola
          Someone sig this.

Comment

You just want to give her a foetus.

Comment

"foetus blade" sounds like a rudimentary abortion tool.
              Originally posted by Amac
              suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                "foetus blade" sounds like a rudimentary abortion tool.
                I just snorted coffee.

fkn LOL

Comment

Quite a pretty little bike. Probaly the closest thing to a miniature big bike (digital speedo, zorst placement) I've seen.

I imagine the driver for these things is the SE Asian market (where 125-150 appears to be the norm, and 250 is considered exclusive and dangerous)?
                  Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                    Quite a pretty little bike. Probaly the closest thing to a miniature big bike (digital speedo, zorst placement) I've seen.

I imagine the driver for these things is the SE Asian market (where 125-150 appears to be the norm, and 250 is considered exclusive and dangerous)?
                    Isn't that the 400cc bikes over here? ^_^

Too soon?

Comment

I'd consider one as a commuter over a scooter.

If you have a fairly short drive into the city along one of the major 60km/h shit roads, one of these would be awesome - you'd be able to split anywhere
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                        I'd consider one as a commuter over a scooter.

If you have a fairly short drive into the city along one of the major 60km/h shit roads, one of these would be awesome - you'd be able to split anywhere
                        I agree.

I reckon that there will be more of a market for these types of bikes in WA once the GPX/ZZR/CBRs begin to drop off the perch/slide down the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                          Isn't that the 400cc bikes over here? ^_^

Too soon?
                          One of my good mates has a Superduke. Don't think I hold any delusions of grandeur over the capabilities of my 400*. Doesn't stop me for liking it for what it is, though.

*Over my capabilites, yes

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post

You're right, most of the bikes over there are 125-150s. A cop bike I saw in Thailand recently was a CBR150R ^_^

I did see a Busa, lotsa Yammies (R1/R6) and a couple of Ninjas (big ones - rarely saw the 250 Ninja there which is strange considering they're made there?), I imagine it would be fairly funny to be riding an R1 being chased by a cop on a 150
                            Originally posted by Koola
                            Someone sig this.

Comment

:o
                              I get back to Malaysia now and then, and I don't think I've ever noticed anything bigger than the NSR150 there.

Bahaha, you'd get away without having to shift out of first.

Comment

Working...
                              X