Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 Ninja (250)r front end noise ???

Hey there guys

I have an 09 Ninja 250r with 27xx km, it has just recently started squeaking from the front wheel when braking. I have cleaned the brakes and it still seems to do it.

I have had a bit of a search on other forums and a few people have had the same issue, apparently it is caused by the front axle being to tight thus causing the squeaking sound.

Supposedly it can be fixed by re-torquing the axle to factory specs, has anyone else experienced this problem though

Cheers guys
    John

You have a problem, have done some reearch and found a potential solution. Perhaps it might be an idea to try that before asking for others?

Your ninja should still be under warranty anyways, but if you want help retorquing I'm happy to help

EDIT: I see you are in mandurah, perhaps someone closer could volunteer

Comment

You have probably glazed the discs through light applications of the brakes.
      IF the problem is what you have researched, then take the thing to the shop, its new, under warranty, they should fix for free, if its not that but is the discs glazed a bit, they should be able to tell you and not charge for that either if they are half decent about it.

Comment

Stupid question: you haven't worn the pads out?
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
          Stupid question: you haven't worn the pads out?
          That's what im thinking, small thing but could be causing the squeeking.

Would look like this,

BTW: Not my dirty mechanic hands. Just some random pic from google
          Last edited by M|ke; 02-09-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael/ View Post
            That's what im thinking, small thing but could be causing the squeeking.

Would look like this,
            Those pads have a little life left (Coming from someone who pushed the envelope too far and had to replace his brake discs)

Comment

Hrm, was having a chat to d0t-bat today and he's apparently getting squeaks on his 250 as well. Might check it out.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

I heard a few little squeaks from my 09 ninja the other day too and my bike has got about 1,500 km on it (no way it would be worn pads this early!). Went for a long ride in the week end and it disappeared tho!
                Every fart has a brown-ish lining

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                  Those pads have a little life left (Coming from someone who pushed the envelope too far and had to replace his brake discs)

BTW those pads look exactly how mine looked after I took them off.

The brakes did squeak under braking, suboptimal braking performance was the major giveaway (locking the front to archieve a Emergency stop 50km/h-12m.

Comment

Hey man, I had squeeking brakes too that started around 1.5k, they have seemed to have stopped now, just do some heavy braking and try wearing the pads a little. (They are well shit pads btw, too hard!!!)

But yeah, they squeeked for about 1-2k, annoyed the shit out of me

Comment

i notice a tiny squeak when i pull upto the lights every now and then i wouldnt worry about it tho its a new bike.
                      Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                      Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                      In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                      Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                      And forgive us our lanesplitting
                      As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                      And lead us not into gravel corners
                      But deliver us from hand-held radars
                      For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                      Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Working...
                      X