Best bike for small riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best bike for small riders

I am currently do my learners on my new Honda 250cc CBF250 which is fine for me being 5"10 87kg etc. I am trying to convince my wife to also give it a go but she is only 4"10 60kg ? So she cant reach the ground ?

I spoke to the guy at Honda Causeway and he mentioned they can lower bikes a inch or 2 and if she wore high heeled boots it would help but was also wondering if anyone knew of a short height seated bike in the 125cc or 250cc range?

Thanks in advance

a lady on a cruiser
    a
    sigpic
    “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

Comment

thats if she's into harley style bikes
      sigpic
      “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

Comment

i might be wrong..but i think the yammy scorpios might be her best bet..they're pretty light bikes too so should be easy for a lady to handle..

otherwise...you can buy my bike!!!

i'm 5'7 and i both feet on the ground PLUS knees bent..

check it out in my sig!

and sorry for mini thread hijack..

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
        Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

^WBXS cruisers have a very low seating pos

Comment

yeah the yamaha scorpio is ok but a bit gutless as i rode one for my first lesson

Yeah i guess a cruiser might be the go

Comment

Cagiva Mito 125
              looks good but depends on the seat height ? She sat on a honda 125 but still had probs

Comment

The japanese inline 4's are midget bikes at around 735mm! The earlier CBR250rr where 725MM... I guess they are more lowered now with a shagged rear shock

Scorpio is 770, same as a ZZR

Mito 760

CBF 780!

CBR125 776 mm !

Comment

If all else fails, marry a taller woman.
                  Originally posted by Melkor
                  The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Unfortunatly marrying a taller women would cost more lol

Comment

You make them sound like curtain fabric - $15/metre at Textile Traders
                      Originally posted by Melkor
                      The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Yes but i want more than a one stroke lol

Comment

GPX

I'm 4'11 (and a bit), a lil lighter than the wife and the GPX worked really well for me. Pretty low seat height and very light.

She can also shave the seat (got about 20mm out of the GPX) and add extra sole to a good pair of boots (50mm on mine) for extra measure. PM for phone #'s if you're interested.

She will adjust to the height issues with time, one foot toes toes only, innovative parking etc...might also be worth considering a second hander if she's worried about dropping it - less tears...trust me

Comment

Suzuki intruder has a seat height of 685 maybe might suggest that

Comment

Thanks Diesal i will mention it to her

Comment

Working...
                              X