Best fuel to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fuel to use

Which is the best fuel to use for a 250cc ? 91 unleaded , Vortex , Ultimate 98

Any thoughts

I put in Vortex the other day i my bike seems to run a bit rougher ?

I'd use 95.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Make a mixture! It'd Be Awesome!

But seriously... Personal preference... I use ultimate... Feels like it runs smoother!

Also have a search... This has been discussed alot and theres never a real answer... Just preferences...
      Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

From what ive read and can remember about the fuels, it all comes down to the tune.

Find out what the manufacturer recommends for your bike and thats the best to go for. Any real gains out of a 95 or 98 over 91 is made by retuning the carby and timing. If you havent had the tune for the different fuel its just wasting money.

And to be honest, on a 250 the gains would be so minimal id just stick to the basics and save a couple of $$$ every tank

Comment

I only use Ultimate or Vortex (same shit, different label) in my car, and I'm doing the same with my bike.

The 98s contain butane, which makes the fuel burn quicker in the cylinder, which is supposed to increase efficiency regardless of timing or compression.

Either way, it's just better to have higher octane in case of detonation, whether it's likely or not. And a tank's only $10-$15 anyway, so it's not like you're going out on a limb.

Comment

I always use 98 ultimate. And IMO, don't go to Shell, maybe it's just the one near me (which has an appalling reputation amongst many) but they seem to fill half their tanks with water to cut costs or something, bike runs like fucking shit when I fill up there.
            http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Originally posted by Tannhauser View Post
              The 98s contain butane,
              So how do they keep the gas suspended in the petrol?
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I only use Ultimate or Vortex (same shit, different label) in my car, and I'm doing the same with my bike.

The 98s contain butane, which makes the fuel burn quicker in the cylinder, which is supposed to increase efficiency regardless of timing or compression.

Either way, it's just better to have higher octane in case of detonation, whether it's likely or not. And a tank's only $10-$15 anyway, so it's not like you're going out on a limb.

Butane??

Butane is a gas. I'd like to see them try and put butane in petrol.

BP is the only producer of fuel in perth all the others buy it off BP.

the whole 91 vs 95 vs 98 thing is kind of pointless in terms of power for a 250.

But the premium stuff is usually cleaner (less water and heavier oils and crap) than the regular which is worth getting
                Wes

Comment

Do a search for Octane, RON, MON, etc etc on this forum and you'll see it's been discussed before.
                  Feeding your 250 Ultimate is like giving a Wino a bottle of expensive plonk.
                  Utterly useless, much like most of the information in your post.

Comment

I ran my GPX on regular most of the time, no worries. 95/98 made no discernable difference.

The RMX needs premium or it starts pinging...

Always go to Caltex as there's two close to me, but havent noticed any differnce going to other servos lately.
                    Originally posted by Amac
                    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                      Do a search for Octane, RON, MON, etc etc on this forum and you'll see it's been discussed before.
                      Feeding your 250 Ultimate is like giving a Wino a bottle of expensive plonk.
                      Utterly useless, much like most of the information in your post.

Comment

Originally posted by deeman111 View Post
                        From what ive read and can remember about the fuels, it all comes down to the tune.

Find out what the manufacturer recommends for your bike and thats the best to go for. Any real gains out of a 95 or 98 over 91 is made by retuning the carby and timing. If you havent had the tune for the different fuel its just wasting money.

And to be honest, on a 250 the gains would be so minimal id just stick to the basics and save a couple of $$$ every tank
                        Gang,

In all honesty, if you don't have a clue what your talking about, it's probably best to shut the fuck up and here is a classic example.
                        Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

Well this fueled some debate ? lol

Its just when i picked my bike up it had 1/2 tank and ran good but when i put Vortex in it just seemed a bit rougher but then that could have just been me

Comment

Originally posted by Prot651 View Post
                            Well this fueled some debate ? lol

Its just when i picked my bike up it had 1/2 tank and ran good but when i put Vortex in it just seemed a bit rougher but then that could have just been me

So what Fuel was the 1/2 a tank of ?

Probably plain old regular...

Comment

so what's the deal with stickers on helmets? can i order one from ebay?

Comment

Working...
                              X