New exhaust, need rejet and retune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust, need rejet and retune

Hey fellas, I just got a roo racing pipe installed on my bike and its a shitload louder, its a straight-through and was unbearably loud so I got an exhaust shop to make a baffle for it.

It ran like shit and I got a friend's dad whom is a home mechanic to take a quick look and he adjusted the idle mixture screws so it actually pulls decent now but doesn't pull anywhere as hard as before.

I think I might need a rejet and tune it up as there's a flat spot around 4500 - 6000RPM and there's not much top end power.

I took it to the mechanics and they recommended me to a Dyno-Tuning shop, so I took it there and they said I will need a rejet and tune up which will cost about $500 in labour and parts.

That's way too much for me to spend so I was wondering on how much it should cost and the difficulties of the process.

The stock sizing of the main jets in the Across is a size 90, and the only size up is 110. Will 110 be too big?

How did it run with the straight through exhaust? better or worse than it is now?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

I haven't tried it without the baffle, I'll pull it out and see how it runs.
      What are some things I should be look for?

Comment

Originally posted by spikes View Post
        Hey fellas, I just got a roo racing pipe installed on my bike and its a shitload louder, its a straight-through and was unbearably loud so I got an exhaust shop to make a baffle for it.

It ran like shit and I got a friend's dad whom is a home mechanic to take a quick look and he adjusted the idle mixture screws so it actually pulls decent now but doesn't pull anywhere as hard as before.

I think I might need a rejet and tune it up as there's a flat spot around 4500 - 6000RPM and there's not much top end power.

I took it to the mechanics and they recommended me to a Dyno-Tuning shop, so I took it there and they said I will need a rejet and tune up which will cost about $500 in labour and parts.

That's way too much for me to spend so I was wondering on how much it should cost and the difficulties of the process.

The stock sizing of the main jets in the Across is a size 90, and the only size up is 110. Will 110 be too big?
        In all honesty, I think the pipe does not suit the bike at all.
        When you fit an accessory pipe, usually you experience a slight change in performance and you will sometimes have to rejet, but not what you are describing.
        In all honestly, I doen't think you will tune that problem out, I would refit the original muffler and take the ROO POO back from were it came! [and get my money back]

buelllord

P.S. I am fucking old and I like to think, a little wise.
        Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

Well the pipe was designed for the bike, but the baffle may have not. The baffle was quite a dodgy job with just a smaller pipe that the outlet of the exhaust with steel wires welded down at one end to quieten it down

I'm planning on taking it out and making a proper baffle by blocking off the end of it and drilling holes in it.

Comment

I pulled the current baffle out and it runs so much better, but its a fuckload loader.

I'll see if I can take a photo of it

Comment

they probably built the pipe so u run it without a baffle and just how it is so YOU dont have to rejet and YOU dont have to play around with engine just straight plug in and go... i think if u didnt want a loud pipe then stock standard would of been the way to go...

Comment

Talk to West Coast Dirtwerx, talked to them at the bike show about retuning and rejetting and the bloke said basically you're looking at $250 to get the job done, so that's half what those blokes said to you. 9337 3641.
                http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

I'll give them a call but problem is i live on the east coast

Comment

Ah...that may be a problem. Serves you right for living over there!
                    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Working...
                    X