GPX Rear tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPX Rear tire

Hey fella's my girlfriends GPX seems to have a puncture in it and keeps going flat in about 5 minues.

So i was looking at the tyre and on the rear it said Maxxis 120/80-16 MC /602
    it is best just to ring up a tyre shop and buy a replacement tire of the same type. i dont need to replace the front one as well or anything like that?

Here are your options;

What tire makes are available that fit the 250? - Ninja250Wiki

How old is the front tire? If you're going to change brands I'd change the front as well.

Comment

she is still a student so prefferebly just want to change the back tire

Comment

Originally posted by Calibur View Post
        she is still a student so prefferebly just want to change the back tire
        If she's not much of a hoon then just swap the rear, tyres for bikes will charge her $175 fitted(from memory). This is for a Dunlop arrowmax.

Comment

Is it definitely punctured?

My GPX at one stage developed an air leak between the tyre and the rim, making it go flat over the course of a couple of days. I went mad trying to find the puncture, until I poured some soapy water over the whole wheel and the problem became apparent.

Just had to pay to have the tyre removed and then refitted with fresh sealant.

Otherwise, if price is your biggest point then ring around some tyre places and see what you can get. Anything in 130/80-16, 120/80-16, 130/90-16 will fit.

Comment

it could be a leak around tyre rim, i cant see a punture anywere il give it a shot

Cheers

Comment

If that's the case, check the filler valve too

Dodgy valve core is an even easier fix.

Comment

yeah its the filler valve, i can feel the air coming out it, how can i fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by Calibur View Post
                  yeah its the filler valve, i can feel the air coming out it, how can i fix that?
                  I thought the filler valve screws out with the appropriate tool(that I'm sure I have in my shed) and that you just screw a new one in?

Comment

1. Go to an automotive shop and buy a valve core tool and a replacement valve core. Even some petrol stations will have these.

2. How to replace a leaking tire valve stem core on your car, truck, bike or ATV | eHow.com

Comment

Cheers ill cheack out supercheap tommorrow!

Comment

i have replaced the valve with no luck i rung tires for bikes and they said they can take a look and plug it for $70 is it worth doing?

Comment

they are a shop specializing motorcycle tyres, so they're the go-to people. 70 dollars for piece of mind is a good trade off even if your budget is a little stretched (i remember what it was like when i was paying off my bike first time around), some stuff you shouldnt skimp out on. tyres are one of those (oil for the engine being another)
                          Originally posted by Pkunk
                          It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

I just spoke to the tyre shop and they said that it is only a temp fix and that ultimately the tire will need to be replaced regardless as they cant guarantee its safety? Is that just a standard disclaimer incase it blows out?

Comment

yeah, probably. the company wouldn't be confident banking on an unknown. if they seem to fix the slow leak and it comes back, you have every reason to go back to them and ask why the problem wasn't properly fixed. if something happened to the rider/pillion of that bike because the rear tyre went, they could potentially be held liable for the incident. btw, how old is the tyre?
                              Originally posted by Pkunk
                              It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

Working...
                              X