Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megacycle VTR250 Exhaust

Hi guys (and girls),

I did a bit of digging around through the forums and found a few recommendations for megacycle mufflers for the VTR. fair enough you might say. so i emailed megacycle as to a price, to which they have replied "what sort of muffler would you like?"

Now basically im primarily after a sweet exhaust note, im not really too concerned with looks, loudness and performance. Keeping this in mind the following different types of muffler are available:

1st - alloy round $425

2nd - stainless steel round $525

3rd - carbon round $575

4th - alloy oval $500

5th - stainless steel oval $600

6th - carbon oval $650

Now my question to the PSB community is which style should I go for based on my requirements?

Cheers

Jason

EDIT : and yes im prepared to get the carbys adjusted after the muffler goes on
    Originally posted by polonY
    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Well that all just looks like appearance options to me, the mufflers are more than likely the same design inside - but ask them about it first.

So based on your requirements, do you like oval or round, flat silver, chrome look, or carbon fibre?

Comment

yeah the mufflers are all the same internally.

As above, I dont really have a preference in terms of looks, so i might just get the round alloy muffler
      Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Fair enough. I was thinking about a megacycle for my VTR they seem to be highly reccomended, post some pics up when you get it done, so we can see how good it looks!

Comment

Yeah ive ordered the round alloy this afternoon. Will post up pics and a vid in a few weeks once ive recieved it and chucked it on.

Comment

I wouldn't mind hearing this exhaust and compare it to my Neptune exhaust i have on my vtr

Comment

The note will primarily be determined by the tip width and diametre and length of the silencer/can.
              And of course the engine itself, but you're not changing that...
              c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Carbon will produce the nicest note.

Comment

i have the MC carbon on the VTR and for a 250 it sounds pretty sweet.
                  Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Comment

search it youtube, theres a few clips of vtr250 megacycle pipes

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
                      Now basically im primarily after a sweet exhaust note
                      Why not keep it stock?

Save the dough and splurge on your big bike.

Comment

Because he's after a sweet note.

Why the fuck does everyone always say that?

Who gives a shit what randoms do with their money?
                        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Originally posted by browncow View Post
                          Because he's after a sweet note.

Why the fuck does everyone always say that?

Who gives a shit what randoms do with their money?
                          i would like to consider myself not random.

and agreed, i dont see why everyone has the 'buy a shit 250 cause your going to drop it anyway' and the 'oh why are you wasting money on a 250' opinions. Its my bike, I enjoy modding. Also i dont tend to piss my money up against the wall like some people do on drugs,booze,strippers,cas etc etc

Originally posted by Tannhauser View Post
                          Why not keep it stock?

Save the dough and splurge on your big bike.
                          because it lacks said sweet exhaust note???????

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gF-8ZqcCqY]YouTube - VTR250 Megacycle Pipe[/ame]

Comment

It's your bike, enjoy what you've got now man, If you just want it to sound nice, fair enough. You do have to roll on it for a whole year, why not like the bike your on for that time?

I've decided against because my VTR is still in warranty, but that note is pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X