naughty people cut my fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naughty people cut my fuel line

i parked my bike in my driveway at all times, but today when i was riding to uni my bike suddenly lost power and i couldn throttle anymore so i pulled over to check it out. the engine couldn even start for more than 1 second.. i checked and found that my fuel line's been cut. FK!!

anyone know how much would it cost to fix it? i need to get a technician to come by to pick the bike up. i left it at uni.
    vroooom..

cut?

it hasn't warn out, it was cut???????

Fuel hoses are a pretty easy fix.

Comment

Shouldn't be much at all if it's a carbed bike, just a simple rubber hose.
      http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

im new to bikes so im not so good with technical stuffs but wouldn mind learning.. i ride a hyosung gt250r.. do i have to remove fairings and all to change the tube? and where can i get one of those tubes.. it was a clean cut so i assumed someone cut it.. the security guy at curtin agreed with me as well
        vroooom..

Comment

Hose didn't pop off the tank or filter did it?

Posted via Mobile Device
          sigpic

Comment

if you leave your bike at curtin tonight, park it where security is. they have a lock up area i think.

might be a bit hard to fix now (if you dont have any tubing), but you can just get some hosing, take the tank off (im assuming you just need to undo the seat, then undo the bolts which hold the tank down), replace hose, refill with fuel.
            Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

just buy a small fuel filter and connect the two hoses straight to it
              (use the filter as a hose joiner)
              Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                great thinking...

do that...

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                  winner.
                  Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Fairings will probably have to come off...2 minute job mate.
                    Filter is a great idea, just gotta do up a couple clamps.
                    Originally posted by Amac
                    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Fairings dont have to come off.
                      Bit of a wrist breaker, but CAN be done even without lifting the tank.
                      To lift the tank, open tail/pillion seat, pull the red knob to unlatch the riders seat.

Underneath you can see the toolkit, and the singular bolt that holds the tank down.
                      Lift the tank up and its fairly simple.

Comment

...you're not looking at the rubber lines that come out the bottom of the bike, are you?
                        I just can't see how you could tell that the fuel line from your tank has been cut if you can't remove your own fairings.
                        Could you take some pictures of the fuel line you think is cut?
                        FTP

Comment

if its the one that hangs down a bit, IIRC its a vacumn line that feeds the lil fuel pump.
                          The fuel lines stay a bit higher above the frame line.

Comment

Is the bike new?

Did you pay cash for it?

Comment

okok. will go over and take some pictures tomorrow. i left the bike at the curtin security building at the lockup behind. if its not the fuel line then i wonder what could be the problem. i cant throttle at all and theres a cut tube now dangling. the security guy was the one that told me its the fuel line.
                              vroooom..

Comment

Working...
                              X