Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mechanical noobit (hyosung with one working cylinder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanical noobit (hyosung with one working cylinder)

Well I have one working cylinder atm (I assume) and can't really work out what to do about it.
    I have checked the two spark plugs and they are both working, so I ran it on the one cylinder this morning for a little bit and one got hot - the other remained cold.
    I'm not to sure what I should be checking when trying to fix this...
    any ideas - jokes about replacing the whole bike are welcome but i doubt they will be funny after this long
    Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Just a warning. Keep it ontopic please. And keep the answers relevant to a fellow PSB'ers problem.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

did you check to c if there is spark in the cylinder not workin or just take the plug from the dead cylinder and try it on the workin side?

engine needs 3 things to fire- spark, fuel, air. Work out what one is missing and then u can start to diagnose the problem.
      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

I'm assuming you pulled the plugs out, and cranked the motor and actually saw the spark ?
        If so the next issue is fuel...
        Color of the plugs ? are they both the same ?
        I am a big fan of turning the fuel off and draining the float bowls. This achieves 3 things.
        1. you get a basic idea of float level (particularly when comparing cylinders)
        2. you will drain any water that may have got into the carb.
        3. if the check is done when the fault is present you will pick up lack of fuel from blocked breathers etc.
        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas but I will have to take the bike apart tomorrow and do a proper job of it. I didn't need this to happen
          Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Working...
          X