Needing help looking at a VTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help looking at a VTR

Hi been lurking around on here for the past week or so reading about what is ideal leaner bike ect. been playing with the car for a while now but want 2 wheels

Can any one please recommend some one I could get to come have a look at a VTR250 near Murdoch, mobile mechanic, knowledgeable individual.

These are a fair bit more complicated than my old Jog

Loz

Loz, you could try Kanahl at K-Tec, or Gavin Carlini who is also a mobile mechanic.
    A fair few PSBers SOR too who will probably be more than willing to lend a hand.

Comment

Give k-tec a call. There number can be found from a search on here.

P.S Is the numberplate on your cage "el burito" and did you used to be on PKR?
      Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
      1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
        P.S Is the numberplate on your cage "el burito" and did you used to be on PKR?
        that would be me. and also correct

Comment

Cool my brother was on PKR while it was alive.

A group of us went past your car yesterday arvo on riverside drive i believe...i was on the silver R1

Good luck with the bike search. VTR's are a wicked first bike.
          1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
            Good luck with the bike search. VTR's are a wicked first bike.
            figured that was prob PSB, hadn't really thought about VTR till I saw the Blue one riding next me yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by EL BURITO View Post
              figured that was prob PSB, hadn't really thought about VTR till I saw the Blue one riding next me yesterday
              That would have been Lefty from here..
              1985 - 2009

Comment

VTR is teh awesome. So much fun. I think DC* might be selling his. Send him a pm about it.
                I'm torn between nuking the whole thing, and preserving it as an example of the sandiest vagina I've seen in a long while
                Me: " some cop would take a photo of you the first chance you go over the limit and no one would let you merge and someone would have thrown a stubbie through your window and chased you the rest of your journey for being in pole position. "

Comment

Im saving for a brand new 09 VTR atm. Very very nice 250, i'l probably keep it as my daily drive. As i don't have my car licence or a car.

Good luck with the search man

Comment

i'm in leeming and could come take a quick look. I've played around with my own bike alot and have worked on cars quite a lot. But i'm not a mechanic.
                    Wes

Comment

there is no blue smoke, engine sounds ok still going to get some one to look at it, revs easy.

there is spot surface rust on the frame as well as some on the bottom of the front forks and handle bars.

there is a hole in the exhaust before the back box any idea cost to fix?
                      replace whole pipe to the back box I guess

Comment

Black box?... what black box? It's not an ancient vt250 is it. They had a box on the exhaust before the muffler. Very old and not so reliable now days.
                        Spada is actually a probably better motor and ,I think, and they have a dump chamber as well ( I chucked the spada exhaust when I got it so can't check). Can be made to handle better than a VTR as well but as std will be very tired.
                        Greg
                        I loved to race ...just slowly

Comment

Working...
                        X