rz350 project almost finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rz350 project almost finished

just got it back from the dyno, tuned to perfection. started life as a 250 and reborn 350, rgv vj22 front and rear end, cool head, 86 electrics, hel braided lines, raask rear sets and new welded crank.

just left is paint (black or kenny yellow?), tacho (unsure, any advise would be great), and headlight (thinking dual streetfighter style) and chin cowl.

Donour bike

Last edited by studog; 15-04-2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: more pics

very nice . but you can't reach the pegs

Comment

Originally posted by fredie View Post
      very nice . but you can't reach the pegs
      i'll grow into it!

Comment

The banana swingarm and USD forks look good on the RZ.
        Are those standard expansion chambers?
        What did you get out of it on the dyno?

Comment

Originally posted by -JC- View Post
          The banana swingarm and USD forks look good on the RZ.
          Are those standard expansion chambers?
          What did you get out of it on the dyno?
          yep brand new cigars! was a quick dyno run didnt get a read out, just pin pointing a few running issues, going back in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Good stuff - Just how I like them
            Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

that was your beasty out at freds studog???looks cool the rgv stuff really makes em look fat

Comment

.. std RGV front is pretty soft, have ya done anything to the suspension, front & rear?
                .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

mm that bike+tazzie roads

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

You should take a modern colourscheeme from one of the new R1's the old school colours have been done to death.
                    I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

I reckon repaint it stock, complete with 250 stickers...........
                      “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Yes and grind off the barrel markings then sell it to a learner

Posted via Mobile Device
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Great stuff studog, look forward to seeing more pics as it all comes together.
                          Are you going to get some pipes for it?
                          What's the lowdown on the cool-head - what sort of power difference does it make?
                          Good luck with the rest of the build - I'm a sucker for the US spec yelow & black Kenny Roberts colours myself!
                          1977 Understanding Wife....
                          1983 Yamaha RZ350K
                          1985 Suzuki GSXR750F
                          1989 Yamaha TZR250 3MA
                          2008 Triumph Street Triple RR

Comment

Originally posted by dplb View Post
                            that was your beasty out at freds studog???looks cool the rgv stuff really makes em look fat
                            yeah, thats right how did you go with yours, have to hook up for a ride at a later date!

Comment

yeah i'll get some pipes after a while (when budget permits),

the coolhead has stock domes in it so the power difference probly isnt heaps, i saved the bike from a paddock, lots of rust and bottom end full of water so i never rode it before the coolhead to compare it.

Any advise on a suitable tacho/speedo set up? Vapor, acewell, koso, r6, r1 etc?

Comment

Working...
                              X