Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interested in doing work on my rs250 for $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interested in doing work on my rs250 for $$?

about 6 months ago i pulled apart my 1998 rs250 (mk2) and got the engine and gearbox rebuilt by gav and its been sitting in my shed ever since as i literally have no free weekends to commit adequate time to this project :/ i wanted to use it as a self enforced learning experience but now with another reli wanting my services to reno his his house in my free time im leaning towards letting a possessional do his job on it and ill just do what i do best in my time.

its all there ready to go, i can bring the bike and the bits to where ever you want to work asap complete with workshop manual and photo's i took when pulling it apart. Basically the engine is all assembled it just needs to be put into the frame along with radiator and electronics that i had to remove, connected to all hosing blah blah and prepped to start up. I want somebody who has done it before on either an rs250 or rgv and has strong mechanical/2stroke knowledge.Not in a huge rush but Pm me or call me on 0439974900 and well talk $$.

cheers, owen.

Where are you located mate? I love working on the RGV250 engines, and have rebuilt many, if you were on the east coast, i'd love to help out

Comment

If your on the east coast would love to lend a hand, have done many rebuilds on the RS/RGV motor,
      I'm in the process of putting my motor/box back together "with some trick bits thrown in"
      viva la 2stroke.

Comment

edit; nevermind
        Last edited by spikes; 21-03-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

sorry for late reply! Im in perth so i unfortunately cant harness any of your enthusiasm its awesome to see alot of 2stroke love thou. I think iv sussed sombody out anyway so i should be ok.

cheers, owen.

Comment

When ur done mate, look me up for a ride . . .

Comment

Plans sorta fell through and things are as buisy as ever for me, so if anybody with some Rs-250 know how wants to take up the job its yours!

Comment

Where r u at with things?

Comment

pm has been sent. Would love to do it for ya, god knows i've done it enough myself!!!

Comment

can't you get gav to do it?
                    it's funny that the offers of help are coming from anywhere but perth
                    1993 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ22)
                    1996 Suzuki RGV250 (VJ22)
                    1996 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ23)

Comment

opps!!! really need to update my profile, im in northbridge btw @ guppy, nice bikes ya got there

Comment

thanks mate. have you got the rvf and the rs with you here?
                        i had an NC24 for a while when i was in london - sounded nice but was a bit heavy compared to my vj23...
                        1993 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ22)
                        1996 Suzuki RGV250 (VJ22)
                        1996 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ23)

Comment

unfortunately not, yeah there's a big difference in the weight of the bikes alright!!! the rs is the track tool. it blew me away every time i rode it, the handling is mind bogglingly good!!!
                          The rvf was my road warrior(and great on track too) it took everything i threw at it and just begged for more again amazing for a bike its age

Comment

Working...
                          X