fluttering rgv vj22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluttering rgv vj22

hi just wandering if anyone has had problem with rgv fluttering when it hits powerband in in 3rd and 4th gear

Nah mines fine.

But id be looking at float level, fuel filter/lines. it sounds like its getting enough fuel for the first few gears then leaning out once you get past 100kph.

welcome to the club
    Lost and on reserve

Comment

fuel side of things seem to be fine

Comment

The powervalves could be out of adjustment and it may only be noticeable when you are in a higher gear because in lower gears you may pull straight through it fairly quickly.

The air solenoids can also cause problems like this, but I think they would tend to do it in every gear.

Comment

Check your jetting. Mine was running rich and had a similar problem.

Comment

not sure if yours has the little fuel filter gause things in the caby inlet tubes.. my rs250 done the same thing, 1-2 was sweet. as i clicked 3rd and gave the right hand a turn it fluttered, wanted to die.. as i rolled off the throttle for a few seconds then got back on it, it was sweet.. scratched my head for a bit checked the jets then tinkered a bit more to find these little pricks tucked in the fuel line.. shazamm cleaned those out and went for a run.. ohhh yea all good now..
            viva la 2stroke.

Comment

Working...
            X