rgv250 vs nsr150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rgv250 vs nsr150

hello guys i am just about to go for my l's and start looking for a bike. i have made mind up that i want a 2storke at that aprilia's are out of my price range, so i have narrowed it down to either a rgv250 or an nsr150. just wondering if any of you could give me pros and cons or just help out my decition.
    cherz jason

if your handy with a spanner go the rgv

otherwise..... well
    Lost and on reserve

Comment

there is no comparison. the nsr150 is a cheap thai made commuter 2T, the rgv250 is a pure sports 250 2T.

Comment

yep +1

the NSR150 is designed for longevity commuting and general riding you will enjoy it as a learner without being overly disappointed riding alongside other 250s, if you are a truly natural rider or practice a lot you may learn to outride it inside of 12 months.

The RGV250 will blitz pretty much all learner bikes and even many larger bikes with a decent rider on it but they're not really a learner bike, they're a race replica an enthusiasts bike that sneaks in by capacity to WA laws, a much better handling bike than the RRRR 4 cylinder 4 strokes but the power delivery can be unfriendly and the handling can be twitchy/dangerous to the inexperienced, you won't outride a 250 2 stroke as a learner even a natural rider will still have some to learn at the end of their 12 months.

compare this to the GPX, NINJA, RRRR bikes etc etc with inferior suspension and extra weight you risk getting bored with the power delivery or even riding badly as you ride pushing the limitations of poor suspension and brakes.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

You won't be spewing that your stuck on a 250 and upgrading within 6 months on a rgv. Don't buy the first one you see, search out a good one as it's false economy. If a bike is meticulous it's likely the owner has looked after it and may be in good order.

Comment

RGV no question.

If you're competent (and they make it easy to learn - by that, i mean easy to learn to corner competently as their limits are so high - mastering the power delivery is a little trickier), you'll keep up with pretty much anything in the suburbs due to the sheer lack of weight.

But, they are no where near as hassle free or rider friendly for dumb commuting stuff.

Also consider a tzr 250 or nsr 250. basically same thing as an rgv (maybe a little less power in stock form due to Jap market restrictions) without the chronic power valve problem that lunches cylinders.

I've been riding on the road for 5 years and the little RGV's limits (cornering wise) are still way beyond mine.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

rgv250 1st choice bro

Comment

thanks for the responses guys rgv250 sounds like the go, will also have a look at tzr and nsr.

Comment

You handy with a spanner? The RGV will need constant fettling.

Comment

or have a look at cagiva 125 its a 2stroke i got one and put on a tyga exhaust and v-force reed block and bigger jets and doubled its power im more than happy with it cant ride it enough when im home from working away

Comment

theres only one problem with the RGV..... you'll find it hard to let her go.

took a ride of mine today after a few months and man... you can't throw many other bikes around like that.
                      "It's the F*#king Catalina wine mixer"

Comment

Hmm, maybe you know of one that's for sale Hayai?
                        Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                          Hmm, maybe you know of one that's for sale Hayai?
                          i rode her again today through the hills and i'm having second thoughts on selling her

But on a serious note, yes i am selling my RGV reluctantly.....

good talkin to ya @ the quiz night btw
                          "It's the F*#king Catalina wine mixer"

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                            You handy with a spanner? The RGV will need constant fettling.
                            when you say handy, how handy. i am pretty good with the spanner on a car as i do all the work my self but i have never really taken it to a motorbike, all i have a done to bikes is take the carby apart on my old yz125. what kind of stuff will need fixing?

Comment

i wouldn't get an rgv250 to learn on unless you are a mechanic or at the least mechanically minded with tools and like spannering as much if not more than riding.

also i would never rely on an rgv250 as my primary road going motorcycle.
                              Originally posted by Bendito
                              If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X