Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value of a 3MA Reverse Cylinder TZR250??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a 3MA Reverse Cylinder TZR250??

I've professed my 'lust' for these gorgeous little bikes on this forum before and now I'd like to ask some advice on what you fellow two-stroke enthusiatics believe these things are worth?

The bike I'm considering is a 89 model 3MA in excellent condition (8/10 comestics etc.) with just 12,000 kms on it. The bike isn't registered etc. and will need to be properly recommisioned as it's been sitting for some time, but it starts, runs and idles.

I know they're not the fastest 250 out there and that they're a little fragile but I kinda like 'em.....

Comments?
    1977 Understanding Wife....
    1983 Yamaha RZ350K
    1985 Suzuki GSXR750F
    1989 Yamaha TZR250 3MA
    2008 Triumph Street Triple RR

I love them and would gladly pay top dollar for a good one.
    I'd say between 8 & 10k, maybe more. have you got any pic's.
    Wounds Heal, Bones Mend, Chicks Dig Scars and Glory Lasts Forever...

Comment

EvilDwarf
      Last edited by EvilDwarf; 02-02-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

A sweet one as you have suggested mabey 5-6k, especially if still restricted to 45hp
        I'm pretty sure you could pick up a pukka tz reverse cylinder for 10k..
        Last edited by Gangus; 08-04-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

The ones I'm looking at are around the $320,000 japanese yen ($3.5k AUD) for a good one (3ma5 sp). The costs of bringing them over isn't too bad if you find the right importer. They were 628,000 yen when they were new. There are many of the earlier 3ma1 models around auction prices around 200,000 yen.

Comment

Hi, if your willing to import one, have a look at this one here in NZ. Yamaha TZR 3ma 1989 | Trade Me . Low k's, looks original. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Benno #03 View Post
              I love them and would gladly pay top dollar for a good one.
              I'd say between 8 & 10k, maybe more. have you got any pic's.
              thats alot money for a old 250 smoker . 11 12 grand

Comment

Thanks for the info and comments folks - I'll be doing a bit more research I think. There's a big question mark over getting one registered for the road and the need or not for ADR compliance - I'm hearing very conflicting info on post -1988 bikes.

I'm only really after the first model 3MA in the traditional Yamaha white / red speed block colour scheme - by far the most beautiful IMHO - even prefer the RWU forks to the later model USD - makes it look a little OWO1 from the front..... Saw that one on NZ Trade Me - a great buy think (but wrong colours for me!) If I was there I'd be definitely checking it out.

Note your comment Steve on 'as much as you want to pay' very helpful!! I owe you a phone call now we're back from NZ. Did you 'win' the RG400???

Did some work on the RZ today, bigger main jets to match the new pipes, new clear screen, fixed the rev counter - thinking of taking it to Broadford Bike Bonanza and riding it on one of the track sessions!
                1983 Yamaha RZ350K
                1985 Suzuki GSXR750F
                1989 Yamaha TZR250 3MA

Comment

hey i bought one 20tho in 98 for $4500 then i bought another in 05 $2500...

Comment

Have a look at Import Monster | Japanese Cars, Parts and more via Online Japanese Auctions | Yahoo Auctions Japan in English , there are a few on there.
                    I must say they are a damn good looking piece of kit!

Comment

Thought I'd post a bit of an update on this and show some pics of the new bike.... it's on a ship over from Japan still which is kinda good as it gives me some time to break the news to my wife.....:o

Pretty excited by having this gorgeous piece of loveliness in the garage - I reckon I'll be spending all my time just sitting in there with a cup of tea looking at it..... I was only interested in the first model (it's an '89 model year but built in '88) in these particular colours and with the RWU forks. Yum.

1983 Yamaha RZ350K
                      1985 Suzuki GSXR750F
                      1989 Yamaha TZR250 3MA

Comment

Thats Stunning, I have a spot in the shed I could see one of these little beauties aswell.
                        Look forward to seeing some more pic's once it's landed.
                        Congratulations...
                        Wounds Heal, Bones Mend, Chicks Dig Scars and Glory Lasts Forever...

Comment

Originally posted by Benno #03 View Post
                          Thats Stunning, I have a spot in the shed I could see one of these little beauties aswell.
                          Look forward to seeing some more pic's once it's landed.
                          Congratulations...
                          Thanks for the nice comment mate, much appreciated - always scary buying a bike sight unseen.....

Is thats Steve's ex-RZ350 I see in your Avatar? That's one very nice ARRR-ZEEEE!
                          1983 Yamaha RZ350K
                          1985 Suzuki GSXR750F
                          1989 Yamaha TZR250 3MA

Comment

i have an 88 imported TDR 250 and on the bottom of the rego papers it says " this vehical is exempt from adr compliance"

Comment

EvilDwarf
                              Last edited by EvilDwarf; 02-02-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X