NS400R Big bore Kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS400R Big bore Kit.

Anyone that has fitted a 475cc big bore kit to their NS400R i would apreciate a discussion on the performance between both.

Thanks

oiler

EvilDwarf
    Last edited by EvilDwarf; 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Not Sure if Terry Shepherd does the kits but maybe he still does the conversions (shipping ++++) or

Classic Race Replicas - NS400R Engine Rebuild, Servicing & Conversions

Most 20,000 mile bikes will require replating of the cylinders, new pistons and the crankshaft rebuilding.
      High quality Japanese 57mm piston kits are now available in the engine parts section, to replace your old worn out pistons.

Here at Classic Race Replicas we have developed a 475cc big bore kit using 63mm pistons priced at £1250. Your old barrels and heads are required for this conversion or can be supplied at extra cost when available. A deposit of 40% will be required upon order and will take up to 6 weeks before completion.

Another big bore option will be available from January 2011, this will be a 444cc kit using 61mm pistons, early tests look promising. Price will be a little lower than the larger version.

Comment

are they using a stroker crank..... or re sleeving for larger bore only ????
        1984 rz 350 stroker
        1984 rz 500 original
        2004 mv agusta f4 1000
        1994 mitsubishi magna wagon

Comment

http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/index...rack-day-bike/

Worth reading IMO

Comment

Thanks for the feedback... I have been talking to Ian from Classic race replicas in the UK and found him to be both very helpful and able to supply me with everything i need for a 475cc big bore motor for my bike.

He also has good access to NS400R parts and breaks many of these bikes. He still races one today for a bit of fun.

I dont intend using the original motor out of the bike for this project as they are so hard to find so it will go into a crate for safekeeping.

I finaly get to see my purchase on Thursday when the NS400R & the RZ500 move into there new home all safe and warm.

Cheers

Oiler
            Last edited by oiler; 10-04-2011, 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

well done.... both great purchases... are you missing the lc 350 ???
              1984 rz 350 stroker
              1984 rz 500 original
              2004 mv agusta f4 1000
              1994 mitsubishi magna wagon

Comment

No i still have both RD350lc's for a couple more weeks before i ship one to a WA owner... the other stays with me for keeps.

Comment

Working...
                X