just rebuilt tzr very cheap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just rebuilt tzr very cheap..

well my tzr was pretty tired with almost 28tho on the original top end...and plus i had a seizure do to i ran out of oil..oops but it still ran well enough after the seizure for another month or so then i decided to pull it down over the easter break
    one ring was smeered into the side of the piston...and broken..i cant beleive it ran as well as it did...
    i serched the net and found that top end stuff for the tzr is very cheap...i orderd a top end including everything i needed all gaskets even powervalve oil seals all from the one company in japan man it turned up just over a week to my door for the total price of $57!!!!!!!! it all looked good quality.. i sent it to the guy who i use for rebores and stuff and he actualy comented on the quality of the pistons when i told him the price he couldnt believe it..the rebore and head squish were a furher $150 and 3 day turn around so a total of $207 im good for another 25tho kms....this is the stuff i bought
    YAMAHA TZR250 KT1 PISTON OVERSIZE 0.5mm SET OF TWO | eBay
    the gasket kit was seperate $16 but they were happy to combine the postage
    amaizing..!!
    how ever it could all very well bite me in tha ass later..lol

Justin, I bought some RZ single seat parts from him a while back when he was just setting up shop i think, seems a good guy and was helpful. great value tho, no one could do gaskets for the price you paid here, let alone the pistons as well. I bought pistons for my DT200R a while back, Au$50 landed, but I did buy 2 sets to help offset the combined postage. great quality, all I changed was the gudgeon circlips to gen yam as i was told they looked iffy... added $5 to the cost, fair enough i thought.
    Lovely 1974 Honda Mt250 For Sale! (See my website below

Click to see My Projects: Yamaha RZ350 F1 YPVS, Honda XL500R, SL125, KTMaha Supermoto, RD350LC Hybrid - Athena 421cc, Honda MT250

My other interests: PloProf.com and DeskDivers.com

Comment

If the pistons are so cheap why wait so long to replace them? I don't trust the G shaped clips either.

Comment

my clips were not g clips they were a (U) style with curl at the end never used them befor but they were so much easier to put in...hey jon i do u still have ur dt200...
        id really like to buy one of those soon...great lil bike..

Comment

Yeah the DT200R was a great bike, but its gone now... A mutual friend of ours has it now...
          Lovely 1974 Honda Mt250 For Sale! (See my website below

Click to see My Projects: Yamaha RZ350 F1 YPVS, Honda XL500R, SL125, KTMaha Supermoto, RD350LC Hybrid - Athena 421cc, Honda MT250

My other interests: PloProf.com and DeskDivers.com

Comment

Hi twinrock,

Do you please know, what the brand is! the piston kits that the guy on that ebay website provides???

Thanks.
            Norton 850 Commando MKII
            Yamaha TT500 1979
            Yamaha SC500 1972
            Yamaha RZ350 1983 (Restoring)
            Yamaha RZ250 1983 (Restoring)
            Maico MC250 1973

Comment

u know i didnt even pay too much attention to the name..or remember sorry...i know they had extra lubricating holes and such

Comment

That is incredibly cheap for a pair of pistons and rings...

Though I do remember getting pistons for a Holden Red motor years ago for $25 a piston assembly...

Comment

Working...
                X