Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aww, it's broken - Aprilia RS250

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Loud View Post
    Fair comment. I bet I kick it over June at the latest
    Loud... please do a VID clip mate on the first start.. ive been waiting for this since you leant me your zeal programmer...

    Comment


    • [MENTION=6799]BlackFZR[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6669]Rich...[/MENTION] is there any way of recovering the photos that PSB originally hosted for this thread? I no longer have copies.

      As for an update - the brakes are a bitch to bleed. Going to try and prime the oil feed on Monday and give the starter a kick to see what happens.
      Click Link for My Bikes:

      Aprilia RS250
      1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Originally posted by Loud View Post
          As for an update - the brakes are a bitch to bleed. Going to try and prime the oil feed on Monday and give the starter a kick to see what happens.
          Hey mate, I had the exact same problem with the front brakes. I just ended up taking it into Ozzy Park and got Motomax to do it.
          RS 250 - TTW Heads, Cougar PVs, Arrow Pipes, Gilles Rear Sets, Tyga Rear Tail, Hel Braided Lines,
          Paint job by Potato (Straightline2Ten)

          Comment


          • Well I got new front rotors an new seals an piston cups to fit to my bike hopefully this weekend. I didn't have a problem bleeding my front brakes. A month ago

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Loud View Post
              @BlackFZR and @Rich... is there any way of recovering the photos that PSB originally hosted for this thread? I no longer have copies.

              As for an update - the brakes are a bitch to bleed. Going to try and prime the oil feed on Monday and give the starter a kick to see what happens.
              ive a pressure bleeder here if ya need it


              Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

              insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

              dianella 93703770

              Comment


              • Thanks guys. Looks like the seals the The Two Stroke Shop sold me to recondition it were incorrect, just like the ones they sold me for the callipers :/ New master cylinder purchased and on its way.

                Water pump is leaking too... the engineering firm might not have pressed that in too well. And a cylinder bleed is leaking also, f#@%!! That's pretty easy to fix though.

                Got the EGT gauge wired in, need to make up a bracket for it. Oh and a PV cable "snapped" - the factory forgot to braze one end and so that's being fixed as we speak.

                Still on for the June start up though, dammit!!
                Click Link for My Bikes:

                Aprilia RS250
                1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

                Comment


                • I brought seals for my brakes from powerhouse in the UK an for the piston cup which no one wants to sell them when u say u got a aprilia RS 250 I got gowanloch Ducati over East they said that brembo don't make kits for the front brakes or rears

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pesty74 View Post
                    I brought seals for my brakes from powerhouse in the UK an for the piston cup which no one wants to sell them when u say u got a aprilia RS 250 I got gowanloch Ducati over East they said that brembo don't make kits for the front brakes or rears
                    I had Willetton Brakes get TransSeal to make up some custom seals for the front and rear callipers.

                    I'll try bleeding the back brake again this weekend and see if I need a new rear master cylinder or not... I'll hopefully also have a crack at priming the oil system, fixing the bleed and setting up the PVs. Ordered the water pump seal kit from Deet at RGV Spares and that should make it here next week. No word from the company I've provided payment details for the front master cylinder though...
                    Click Link for My Bikes:

                    Aprilia RS250
                    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

                    Comment


                    • go old transeal are lifesavers :-)

                      Comment


                      • With thanks to Derek Ball, this is now a $10 PV cable clip, $10 of fuel and 10 minutes of time from running for the first time since I've owned it. Fluids are all done : Oil, 2t, coolant, brakes... I even put the smoke into the wiring harness. Clip arrives Friday
                        Click Link for My Bikes:

                        Aprilia RS250
                        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Loud View Post
                          I even put the smoke into the wiring harness
                          Just make sure to charge the flux capacitor and top up the headlight fluid
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                          98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Loud View Post
                            With thanks to Derek Ball, this is now a $10 PV cable clip, $10 of fuel and 10 minutes of time from running for the first time since I've owned it. Fluids are all done : Oil, 2t, coolant, brakes... I even put the smoke into the wiring harness. Clip arrives Friday
                            que the brass band

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EEKNOWS View Post
                              que the brass band
                              Can't f#@&ing wait!

                              Funnily enough I gave him your number while he was here - he has a Gas-Gas he wants to speak with you about
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

                              Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Loud View Post
                                Can't f#@&ing wait!

                                Funnily enough I gave him your number while he was here - he has a Gas-Gas he wants to speak with you about
                                better get your skates on

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X