Rs250 rebuild cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs250 rebuild cost?

Hey can anyone inform me about how much approximately a rs250 top end rebuild would cost? And what parts would be replaced? Do the sell a top end rebuild kit? how much would someone charge for labour for such job. Cheers

what do you mean top end?

you mean how much does it cost for a service?
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I gather it means pistons, rings, gaskets ect? It that just it though? i would assume there is more to it than that.

Comment

You can get all those answers if you take the bike to a mechanic and ask him/her for a quote!

Comment

Expect to pay around a grand for a mechanic to replace your pistons.
          Your pv's have to be serviceable otherwise they are 800 to replace new/ aftermarket and if your barrels aren't serviceable expect 400 second hand or 700 each new.
          Check out
          The Tuning Works
          for parts or go down to your Suzuki dealer and get rgv parts.

Comment

Thats what i wanted to know cheers gangus

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
              Hey can anyone inform me about how much approximately a rs250 top end rebuild would cost? And what parts would be replaced? Do the sell a top end rebuild kit? how much would someone charge for labour for such job. Cheers
              why you say you need a rebuild
              you might get away with just some rings and bearings
              or are you looking at buying a bike thats had a failure
              do you think i lack self discipline

Comment

top end rebuild kits can be got from rgv spares.com, deet is pretty good with his stock and its australian store so they will get to you in a few days, deffo change the pistons as they have a coating on them for less friction,
                if your pulling down the top end, chck the powervalves as the stock ones dont have a long service life & if they fail well..... boom rattle rattle rattle... if you got some money to throw in there i would get the pv upgrade and the vhm heads.
                viva la 2stroke.

Comment

Yeah i was lookign at a bike that apparently needs one done.

Cheers, i will look into rgvspares.com.

Comment

pm loud, he knows a good place to get RS's looked at.
                    Originally posted by polonY
                    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

top end parts were about $450-$500 last time I did one, plus coolant

For a mechanic to do it I would think it would be closer to the 1500 mark.

Comment

pitty you dont live close to me... i love doing 2stroke work & have got plenty of spare time while im waiting for my pimped out rs250 parts to come back to me. :-)

you say "Yeah i was lookign at a bike that apparently needs one done" if you do get it, go right over the engine and bike,
                        i got mine from q.l.d for a great price also saying "needs a rebuild" all i can say is bloody oath it did!!
                        viva la 2stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                          Yeah i was lookign at a bike that apparently needs one done.

Cheers, i will look into rgvspares.com.
                          just make sure you get it cheap
                          do you think i lack self discipline

Comment

Hey mate my 2c
                            Costed me $1100 (parts & labour) to rebuild the top end, after a section of piston chipped off and chewed the engine. PVs, etc were fine at that point.

Comment

Working...
                            X