2 Stroker cruiser question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Stroker cruiser question.

I've never seen, or heard of any two stroker cruiser. I know there's gotta be some out there. I've just never heard of them.

Anyone got any vids or anything?
    Work to ride, and ride to work.

Suzuki GT750........
    “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

I dont think the nature of cruisers works as a 2 stroke, never heard of one.
      National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Fantic Chopper!

Comment

12A rotary in a Fairlane 500?
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by SPman View Post
            Suzuki GT750........
            Naked, not cruiser.

*Edit* I just did a interweb search and got nothin.

So they don't exist. Just like me.
            Last edited by truewheel; 01-04-2012, 06:27 PM.
            It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

cruisers are all about torque, in general. 2-strokes don't produce any, so the 2 ideas don't go together.
              Also, cruisers are generally designed to be low maintenance and have a long service life, which also doesn't really fit in with 2-strokes
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Mazda Roadpacer. Although a car, this is a prime example of a two stroke cruiser and coincidently a total failure in the market place.
                They say money can't buy happiness. But you can use it to buy a Triumph and you never see sad people riding Triumphs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger1 View Post
                  Mazda Roadpacer. Although a car, this is a prime example of a two stroke cruiser and coincidently a total failure in the market place.
                  the good old HJ Holden with a rotary and auto, it was never likely to achieve much. Not sure you're classifying the rotisserie correctly calling it a 2 stroke though since it's Otto cycle in a single action rather than an up stroke and down stroke completing a power cycle.
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger1 View Post
                    Jesus, I just wikied Roadpacer. 26L/100km! And shit acceleration in return. How the fuck did this get past the bad idea stage.

And a very good analogy for there being no cruiser 2 strokers.

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                      Jesus, I just wikied Roadpacer. 26L/100km! And shit acceleration in return. How the fuck did this get past the bad idea stage.

And a very good analogy for there being no cruiser 2 strokers.
                      Since we're Wiki-ing http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine it's a 4 stroke cycle rotary not a 2 stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Since we're Wiki-ing Wankel engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it's a 4 stroke cycle rotary not a 2 stroke.
                        Of course, but as an analogy for two concepts combining to make a poor fit as Loud implied & Barfy confirmed.
                        Last edited by truewheel; 01-04-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah I can't imagine a Harley having the same appeal screaming along ning ninging through gears instead of potato potatoing off the line. But you could just as easily use a 600 Inline 4 as your example, small capacity and high revving to make equivalent power.

Comment

Yeah i didn't think there would have been many. But the reason i ask, is what did they have out before 4- strokers? In the sense of cruiser style. I pictured maybe like the ww1 / ww2 motorcycle. Were they 4 stroke? I dunno, i honestly have no idea how long 4 - strokes have been around for.
                            Work to ride, and ride to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Groz View Post
                              Yeah i didn't think there would have been many. But the reason i ask, is what did they have out before 4- strokers? In the sense of cruiser style. I pictured maybe like the ww1 / ww2 motorcycle. Were they 4 stroke? I dunno, i honestly have no idea how long 4 - strokes have been around for.
                              WLA Harleys were used in WW2 and were 4 stroke, as was the circa 1912 "silent grayfellow" 4 stroke was the norm, 2 stroke was generally used to put more power into a smaller, lighter, comparatively cheaper package, think scooter or trailbike and roadrace bikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X