No announcement yet.

R6 with rz500 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprilia RS125 with a CR500 motor would be nice.

edit:
    and yeah, the NSR250 motor is a piece of cake to get an extra 15-20 hp out of if its an earlier model. wire snip and not much else (from memory maybe jetting? forget, nsr-world.com has the details) will get you 60hp at the wheel.... still want one but they're so much rarer than RGVs
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by shoom View Post
      I like the Barry Sheene inspired RGV! I was always thinking an RVF400 with all of it's lightness and modern handling and styling graces would be a good platform for a 2 stroke in modern frame project. By the way, out of the RGV, KR1, NSR or TZR 250, which engine has the most potential for horsepower increase?
      Why bother when you get a frame for nothing with a NSR/RGV/KR-1/TZR
      RGV is the easiest to get HP out of with bolt on stuff you go to 65HP, NSR has difficult to rebuild cranks but a ideal 54 X54.5mm format, TZR 3XV is the prettiest which leaves the humble KR-1, with parallel twin and a balance shaft has the most potential for HP. really good grunter engine. Crank is the weak point but can be fixed. Think a reliable 70HP at the wheel would be doable with a 11,500 peak

Comment

geez you're right - i'd always thought the nsr had the same 56x50.6 bore and stroke as the rest of them.
        i have to have one...
        1993 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ22)
        1996 Suzuki RGV250 (VJ22)
        1996 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ23)

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Interesting to say the least.... I don't think I like it...
          So it's art that's made to make you think

What modern frame would you like to see with a 2T motor?
          Your RS125. Or my RS250.

I'd love to see the rsv4 with a 2t motor, 4x carbon end cans, 2 underseat and two either side :-)
          6 exhausts? I'm glad you work with numbers hehehe.

...You're going to punch me on Tuesday aren't you? :mellow:
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

�� Ouch.

Comment

Working...
            X