Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recomend a Tank Dent remover north of river please

Hi ladies and Gents

I have some monumental tank slapper dents I have discovered in a "good tank" I bought.

I think it would be worth taking to a place (panel shop ) that has one of those " rod welded dent puller doovers".

Then I could begin the da Vinci bog/plastering job.

Its a hens teeth tank so I have no alternative other than fix it. And having the dents relieved a bit would save a bit of bog.

Kind regards always

Seahorse

Give [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION] a PM

straightline2ten,
    Unit 4
    6 Cleveland Street
    Dianella

ph 93703770
    spudda : Got mine in my hot little hands today barfy. Your a gem!

Comment

Cheers chewie, by the way I remember when I first seen your avatar a few years ago I thought it hilarious, it still is today.

Thanks again for the smile and the contact.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        give [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION] a pm

straightline2ten,
        unit 4
        6 cleveland street
        dianella
        ph 93703770
        +1

rr
        http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

Being serious here. Fill tank with water and put in freezer as the water freezes it expands and will push the dent out. May take a few attempts if it's a big dent.
          Make sure u plug any holes tight tho so water doesn't just freeze and expand out a hole.
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

nice way to turn an lc tank into a 750/4 tank I spose. Yerrr, Narr I think I will stick with my original plan, but thanks for the suggestion, I bet it would work treat on a non profiled tank, but the LC has inverted sides that would not look good popped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
              Being serious here. Fill tank with water and put in freezer as the water freezes it expands and will push the dent out. May take a few attempts if it's a big dent.
              Make sure u plug any holes tight tho so water doesn't just freeze and expand out a hole.
              lol

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
              Hi ladies and Gents

I have some monumental tank slapper dents I have discovered in a "good tank" I bought.

I think it would be worth taking to a place (panel shop ) that has one of those " rod welded dent puller doovers".

Then I could begin the da Vinci bog/plastering job.

Its a hens teeth tank so I have no alternative other than fix it. And having the dents relieved a bit would save a bit of bog.

Kind regards always

Seahorse
              oh, i got one of those them there doovers

come see me at the addy [MENTION=9722]Chewie[/MENTION] posted between 8-6 weekdays and show me?

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

^^ Potato is your man
                If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                  lol

as dodgy as it sounds it does work, its a pretty common way of fixing 2t dirt bike expansion chambers after an accident.
                  B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

If you don't mind doing a little bit of paint touch up, most collision places have a machine thats like a spot welder that goes in the middle of the dent, and then it has another arm you attach somewhere else on the repair to lever up on the dent.

Comment

Originally posted by shoom View Post
                      If you don't mind doing a little bit of paint touch up, most collision places have a machine thats like a spot welder that goes in the middle of the dent, and then it has another arm you attach somewhere else on the repair to lever up on the dent.
                      bit old technology shoom.

these are the new ones,this is a small mobile spot welder,if you look at the handle you will see the slide hammer and at the very tip a triangle of what looks like copper,that gets tacked on to the dent,bzzt,tack,use the slide hammer to pull the dent,twist it to break the spot weld and go again.

not a cheap toy but a quicker more efficient method.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

cool toy tato
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                          as dodgy as it sounds it does work, its a pretty common way of fixing 2t dirt bike expansion chambers after an accident.
                          No doubt it may...

But imagine that a $1.50 can of coke is your $$$$ unobtanium petrol tank - with the concave section at the bottom of the can representing the exquisitely formed knee indentations of a petrol tank.

What happens to the bottom of that can / your tank when you freeze it...?
                          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                            No doubt it may...

But imagine that a $1.50 can of coke is your $$$$ unobtanium petrol tank - with the concave section at the bottom of the can representing the exquisitely formed knee indentations of a petrol tank.

What happens to the bottom of that can / your tank when you freeze it...?
                            i am aware of this, when i mentioned it i didnt think about concave sections of the tank. But take your coke can with a small dent in the side and the dent is gonna come out before the concave base expands.
                            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

No stress [MENTION=14387]Mr_Mike[/MENTION], just wanted to put some words to it in case anyone thought to try it
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                              X