Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aprilia Rs 125 Edition Twiz

Hey,
    So on Sunday I picked myself up a 2001 RS125. 14000kms, in decent condition new chain and sprockets tyres are good and it runs well and handles amazing.

Stripped the bike down today after work, and started inspecting, to see whats what as i was given little info when i bought the bike.
    28mm Carb 120 main jet 62 pilot, running a 9 plug with an aftermarket airfilter. Plug chop looks perfect.
    Drained all the oil as it smelt like it was running Victa lawnmower blend, and put some proper stuff in.
    Tomorrow will do the Gearbox oil, as i seemed to run out of daylight.
    Plans for the future will be do clean up the bodywork a bit and maybe a respray?
    Heavier fork oil and wind some spring on to set it up to my lard ass.
    Maybe a chamber? and bigger carb/reeds etc.
    A piston is probably on the cards to for piece of mind.
    So... if anyone has anything lying around for one of these, (pipes carbs why?) Id be happy to look at taking anything off your hands.
    Will update with photos as i go, and hopefully having something up keeps the motivation high.
    Also keen to hear what others have done with theirs and what results they have had
    Cheers
    Twiz
    Last edited by twiz; 10-10-2013, 05:24 PM.

nice pick up! cool lil rocket!
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Does the trick, its good to be back onboard a smoker.

Comment

Niceeeee :-). Looks like the paint is still in great nick??!!

Transoil expert is the go for the gearbox, runs so smooth.. Are you running the stock pipe still? Also is it a aftermarket pod filter or just the filter in the stock airbox?

I got 15w oil put in the front fork made a huge difference (95kg rider).

I don't have any 'upgrade parts' laying around but i've got an absolute fuckton of spares for this bike some used, some new so if shit breaks let me know as I should be able to keep the thing running whilst you await new parts from O/S.

pjme.co.uk stock heaps of oem and upgrade parts for this bike, but in the last 6months their customer service has gone up the creek and sees you waiting 2-3weeks to get parts now... They also Take over a week to respond to emails. I've told them this and their response 'sorry we are really busy with customers in our workshop now and can't process orders straight away anymore ' lol.

Comment

Hey Twiz, nice bike

Might want to check out my thread to see what can be done to make an RS faster. Mines an animal, it now runs a 235 main jet and it's still a little lean. I'm 86kg and it's pulling hard past 140 now, and lifts the front wheel a little
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by twiz View Post
            Hey,
            So on Sunday I picked myself up a 2001 RS125. 14000kms, in decent condition new chain and sprockets tyres are good and it runs well and handles amazing.
            nice looking bike mate

what you pay for it as theres a few on gumtree at the moment

there seams to be a underground movement with these bikes in perth

will we see it on 10th nov in the flesh mate

Comment

Awesome sharky and loud. Have read your threads which was half the reason for getting convinced!!!!
              Still has airbox. But an aftermarket panel im very impressed with how underrated these are.
              Im only 77kg but will be deffinalty doing the forks next free weekend.
              Paint is ok. Some of the graphics have started to lift in places. And theres a lil fuel stain on the tank.
              Yes superoo should see it on the 10th as its the weekend before the nationals?
              Oh and yeah stock pipe

Comment

So,,, dropped the gearbox oil this arvo, and replaced it with fresh stuff, laid the bike over to put the oil in is this how you others do it?
                Upon riding it today im starting to realise its very boggy down low, is this how they all are? Im gonna have to start playing with the carb i think.
                But hold it in the powerband and wow, its a different animal

Comment

Originally posted by twiz View Post
                  So,,, dropped the gearbox oil this arvo, and replaced it with fresh stuff, laid the bike over to put the oil in is this how you others do it?
                  Upon riding it today im starting to realise its very boggy down low, is this how they all are? Im gonna have to start playing with the carb i think.
                  But hold it in the powerband and wow, its a different animal

I change oil on a rear stand... With a funnel. Re the boggyness: they are pretty shitty downlow, launch with lots (6000) revs, slip the clutch for a bit and you'll hardly notice it.... but you can change the needle settings a little. With your setup the 120main is the correct jet so I wouldn't go changing jet sizes, have a play with the clip on the needle.

p.s : welcome, you'll know what I mean in a few months...... So will your wallet.

Comment

Yep 6000? thats a bit low
                    Think i might move the clip and see if i cant get it perfect. There is a little grey area at the moment where it doesnt like between 5500-7000, so il see if i cant smooth that out

Comment

By all means more if you like, [MENTION=21401]Loud[/MENTION] pinns his off the limiter :-). maybe your bike still has the cdi restriction.... Emissions dip for euro2 compliance..... Easy to remove/check if it has Guide: How to Derestrict your RS125. Step by Step - 125cc Sportsbikes Forum

Don't forgot to give the PV a clean also if you have the fairing's off. Keep this puppy clean 90% of your problems will be prevented.

Comment

Yep that's one way to get it going. Il check up on the cdi tomorrow and see. Might explain a bit.
                        Powervalve is also on tomorrows to do list, a final clean and back on will go the fairings.

Comment

So... just managed to get a couple hours work in.
                          Cleaned the power valve, holy moses shit was caked on... but not as much as i expected.
                          Also had a look at the cdi while the pv was soaking. Silastik over the end so i assume the bridge has been broken and its de restricted.
                          Cleaned the power valve assembly a light spray with wd40 then wiped off re in stalled, also checked that the solenoid was indeed working and yes it was.
                          Took it for a spin, no real difference where it counts, but down low it has improved a little bit.
                          Now the powervalve is a goer its time to play with some jetting to see if i can get it a bit more crisp.
                          Inspected the needle also clip is 3rd from the top which means its been changed at some point as the come on top spot from the factory? (or so ive read)
                          One thing i do need, and i hope someone has one lying around they dont need is a 28mm inlet manifold mines just starting to show signs of age.
                          Would also be keen if someone had some aftermarket reeds they werent using
                          Got the fairings back on and will wash it down tomorrow ready for some riding friday!

Comment

Good stuff, yup the PV gunks up quick. If you want to play around with jets, I've got a few main jets and pilot jets you can borrow. the reason most upgrade to the 34mm carb is to help with that bottom end boggyness. Move the clip around and see how you go.

I have 3 x 28mm inlet manafolds :-) 2 new ones and a used one... Fuck knows why... But I do... Your welcome a new one for a bottle of Johnny walker black. Have a million spare inlet manafold gasket's if you wanna grab one too.

Comment

I have around 40 jets, if you want to borrow them.

The 34mm carb improves top end [MENTION=30566]Sharky[/MENTION] The Polini helps with bottom end (and middle end, and top end too it turns out!)
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                              X