RDLC Final Drive Gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDLC Final Drive Gearing

Can someone with an LC give me the RPM in 6th gear @ either 80 or 100km/hr please. Seahorse / DL / Dennis?.. the stroker is now on the road proper and messing with a few things... one being the drive ratio..

Cheers

Oiler

You at home tomorrow mate ?

Comment

Yes mate.. Will pm my address

Comment

Will check when i take the LC out next week.

Comment

Originally posted by dennisw View Post
          Will check when i take the LC out next week.
          Hey thanks Dennis, hopefully someone will know but if not much appreciated.

Oiler

Comment

should have read this earlier I stripped and sonic cleaned the carbs today, the emulsion tubes were very mucky, went back to 22.5 pilots and 280 mains re set every thing, float heights the throttle stops and balanced the carbs bike has never ran better or cooler think my float heights were low causing slightly warm running. at any rate after taking the aprillia for a run, then followed by the rz, I was searching for seveth gear on the rz, I still think 17 42 is to low for the rz gearbox running rgv wheels. I will do a true run for you tomorrow mate, mind you are you sure you want the truth, it could hurt, my rz is running pretty sweet at the moment,

talk soon bro.

Comment

thanks seahorse appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Sorry would love to help Oiler but my LC reports about 1K revs above where it should be due to an errant air cooled RD's tacho gear finding it's way in there during rebuild so no help mate.
                There are two questions in life.
                1:Which way do I go
                2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Have you tried http://gearingcommander.com/ I can't check if your model bike is on it from my phone but you can load all your specs and it will calculate it for you...

Maybe not what you're after but I find it useful for most of these things.
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Have you tried Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator I can't check if your model bike is on it from my phone but you can load all your specs and it will calculate it for you...

Maybe not what you're after but I find it useful for most of these things.
                    thanks filbert but much easier for someone to just take the LC for a ride and put it beyond the debate over the calculations... i thought the service manual might have it in there but no luck..

to clarify this exercise is not to set the bike up like the stock LC as the hybrid is far from that position, ultimately my setup will come down to power & weight ratio for my bike.... my stroker is non power valve setup and the last thing i want is to be on the pipe at the wrong time... i have plenty of room to move her up and just want to see where it currently sits compared to the stocky... Im way wide on the squish (more domes coming from trinity) and still need more carburetion.. but im on the dial-in stage...

appreciate all the help fella's...

Comment

Agree with filbert the gear commander is a great help.

And here are some figures mate, hot off the freeway
                      Gearing is 17- 41, not (42)
                      RGV wheels the same as yours. Tire is a Dunlop 150/60R17.
                      4250 =80kms, 5250 = 100kms, 6200 or there about s is 120, I did have some other figures 140 and 150 but I forgot them and a bit unpredictabl as its coming on the pipe.

Hope this helps mate

Comment

thanks seahorse very helpful...would be good to get a ref on a LC at 80km next time someone's out n about this week to tie it all back together..

Comment

Brian if you ask on the UK forum (RDLCCRAZY), one of them would be bound to be out the same evening and they would all be doing 50mph at some point.
                          Lovely 1974 Honda Mt250 For Sale! (See my website below

Click to see My Projects: Yamaha RZ350 F1 YPVS, Honda XL500R, SL125, KTMaha Supermoto, RD350LC Hybrid - Athena 421cc, Honda MT250

My other interests: PloProf.com and DeskDivers.com

Comment

Oops forgot about this,I had my RD out today I was doing 80 KMH and my revs were 4500 RPM,in sixth gear.

Comment

Thanks Dennisw... I'm nearly finished with the gearing so I will compare next weekend when the rear sprocket turns up.

Oiler

Comment

Working...
                              X