selling the gsxr for mc28 or rgv sp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling the gsxr for mc28 or rgv sp?

what's your thoughts on this? i have a mint condition 1988 gsxr750. has 30k on it and lives in the lounge in a bike bubble. the bike is truely in as new condition with not a mark or blemish on it and all original except a yoshi duplex 4 into 1 and have the mint original exhaust. it was purchased from walducks Suzuki with all documentation. its red and white and also has original pillion cover. i would love a mint rgv sp or nsr mc28 but the gsxr would have to go to make way for another bike. I've owned the gixxer for almost 10 years. i absolutely love the gsxr and have had offers of around the 7k mark for it. what would your opinions be? to sell or not to sell and save for the two stroke? i know I'd probably regret selling the gsxr and values are only on the rise. decisions decisions. thoughts anyone? cheers ash

2c. as good condition as it is, a GSX-R 750 is never going to provide a unique riding experience. It's just an inline 4, 4 stroke - and people are still making inline 4, 4 stroke bikes.

I'm not sure where I'm going with that, but perhaps if a mint NSR or RGV was to come along, I'd be jumping at the chance to get it. They're like hens teeth as unlike an old big bore, the 250 2 strokes were popular with P platers and RE noobs. the vast majority have been crashed, poorly maintained, etc. Finding a good one will be hard, so when you do, you want to be ready to buy.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Were you wanting to ever ride the bike on the road? If so, put a line through the MC28 and look for an MC21 - one seems to come up in Australia every month or two. They're cheaper and easier to modify.

If you're intending to have any potential purchase sit in the living room and appreciate then find yourself an RG500.
      Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
      1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Sell the gixxer you wil have more fun on a 2stroke if you cant get a RGV or NSR try looking at aprilia RS 250 have a look at a thread started by loud aww it's broken I brought my rs250 pretty cheap $4500 mechanical runs likes dream but engine history the previous owner didn't know much so didn't stop me from buyin it 10yrs ago the. rs250 cost 12.5k I wish I brought it back then but didn't so 10 yrs late got my hands on one an Neva let it go

Comment

Seeing as both of the models you listed are mantelpieces anyways, keep the gsxr and import a mc28 se/sp when you have saved enough to get a shmick one out of japan.

Comment

I've never seen an MC28 come up for sale in Australia. I'm not sure if there are any here.
            RGV250SP's are rare as hen's teeth too - they maybe come up for sale once a year. But since they're imports they won't have an Australian compliance plate, and will most likely have an Australian frame swapped in (not that there's any difference).
            You can't import and legally license either of them. The only option is to import them as a race-bike, for which you'll need to prove you have a racing licence.
            One day I'll get around to putting together evidence packages so these bikes can be imported - just need to finish off my CPEng...
            1993 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ22)
            1996 Suzuki RGV250 (VJ22)
            1996 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ23)

Comment

thanks for the info guys. being able to register it is not a problem as i have a trade plate thanks to my boss. I've seen a few mc28's come up for sale over the years but your right they are rare. I'm going to keep the gsxr as its almost a part of the family and know I'd regret selling it. I've got a few other toys i could off load to fund a nice nsr. its now just a matter of finding one. the trade plate comes I'm real handy for testing the 350rg race bike tho

Comment

sp s seam to be harder to come across

which one you chasing 21 or 22 or 23

Comment

I'd be looking for a vj23 if i was to get an rgv. whichever way i decide to go it will be ridden on those nice sunny days. just going to have to slip this new purchase past the finance minister

Comment

Only two 23's in wa
                    One road bike, one track bike that hasn't seen the track In 3 years ;-)
                    You might find one over East if your lucky
                    Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day

Comment

Talk to Deet at RGV Spares. He might be able to point you in the right direction.
                      The bloke in Sydney I bought my 22SP off two years ago was selling his 23 - I think he sold it - not sure who to though, or if it was licensed.
                      And there's a bloke in Melbourne who brought one in as a personal import, that then became his race bike.
                      180's race bike was for sale last year - maybe he decided not to sell it.
                      Mine's not for sale.
                      Apart from that, I don't know of any others - that's not to say that there aren't any more though.
                      1993 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ22)
                      1996 Suzuki RGV250 (VJ22)
                      1996 Suzuki RGV250SP (VJ23)

Comment

Working...
                      X