Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too slick for me to handle!

G'day
    RGV has way too much oil outta the bottom pipe after riding and a petrol/oil leak whilst sitting in the garage, anyone able to sheds one light on this?
    I'm not that confident in tackling this on my own. I'm in Freo
    P.s I run a pub if that helps to encourage any of you
    Cheers
    Justin
    J-Ro^_^

Just give the bike to me.
    I will love it more than you.

I have BWS just down the road....pub/shmub...
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Ha!
      She don't like country types, reckons it takes too long to get anywhere....
      J-Ro^_^

Comment

Yeh I hear ya....

just for reference..

Speed x Time = Distance---

(good luck with yah engine rebuild little brother..)
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

well if you bought mine instead of that one you wouldnt be in for a 2k rebuild

good luck

Comment

Ouch! Way to kick him while he's down!

Comment

Ouch!
              That's a lot of free beer!
              J-Ro^_^

Comment

they all do that.

Except RGVLee's

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Hi Justin, it sounds like you may have more than one issue on the surface. When you get a manual I would be checking the following
                  Your fuel tap does actually turns off
                  Your needle and seats (float valves) in the carbs are working and not allowing fuel past.
                  Your float heights are set correctly
                  Your oil pump is working as it should and again not allowing oil to free flow straight past (check valves if they have them).
                  I recently rebuilt one of my 2t's(the Aprillia) its first issue was a pipe full of fuel from a faulty fuel tap that would drip fuel in the off position.

The beauty of sorting out all of the above should resolve your issue, and to add give you an opportunity to inspect clean refurbish an reset both your carbs and your oil pump.

Comment

Yeah one thing i'd also suggest is replacing the fuel lines - they're likely fucked after 20+ years, meant to be done every few years.

wouldn't surprise me if it is leaking fuel from the tank line. mine was until i did all the fuel hoses recently.
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                      Yeah one thing i'd also suggest is replacing the fuel lines - they're likely fucked after 20+ years, meant to be done every few years.

wouldn't surprise me if it is leaking fuel from the tank line. mine was until i did all the fuel hoses recently.
                      Cheers chaps
                      The leaking fuel/ oil whilst stationary did stop when I turned off the fuel tap. I'll check out the fuel lines ASAP
                      Does that explain the used oil leaking from the cans though? I know it will always spit a small amount out but this was 50 mls or so.
                      J-Ro^_^

Comment

Nah, the oil leaking from teh cans is just a dodgy exhaust seal.

Comment

Ok that sounds a bit more palatable than a top end rebuild.
                          I'm on a pretty steep learning curve here, my last stroker was a 76 rd 350 which I crashed into captain munchies 25 years ago!
                          So let me get this right, they all do this and it's not a hard fix!
                          Is there anyone who may be able to help out hands on here? I'd like to learn the fix rather than pay $.
                          Can provide excellent tax free booze and food for the knowledgable helper.
                          J-Ro^_^

Comment

Do you have tools ?

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                              Nah, the oil leaking from teh cans is just a dodgy exhaust seal.
                              Orrrr it's running rich/not combusting correctly in that cylinder, as a dodgy exhaust seal would cause it to leak from the manifold, not the can?

What have you done to the bike Justin? - mods, service history, etc.
                              Last edited by Loud; 21-10-2013, 12:06 AM.
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                              X