Barn find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find?

We'll not quite, but it's been sitting in a garage for a while and it's a bit dusty.

Was running before laid up. It'll be a little while before I can get it running again, just requires a little tlc to get back on the road again.

I really like these, their elegance is in their simplicity (compared to an rgv that is!).

Sweet find Lee,
    My LC has required a full rebuild after I rode it after it had sat for a wet season and a bit.
    Seals had let go, might have a bit more to do with the weather fluctuations up here.
    But letting them sit is apparently not advisable, I know start all the bikes at least every fortnight at the worst.
    Minister for Finance wont wear it happening again to well. looking at near on $3k so far.
    Wounds Heal, Bones Mend, Chicks Dig Scars and Glory Lasts Forever...

Comment

Find ......find you say !?!
      I don't believe you just keep finding these.
      I believe your nose would put all of the AQIS sniffer dogs to shame if they were trained to detect 2 stroke

Nice find, it has 99% of the top fairing by the look of it, is this just a spare for your other S ?
      It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
        Find ......find you say !?!
        I don't believe you just keep finding these.
        I believe your nose would put all of the AQIS sniffer dogs to shame if they were trained to detect 2 stroke

Nice find, it has 99% of the top fairing by the look of it, is this just a spare for your other S ?
        there's another fella with 3, known him for a while,didnt know he was into smokers and got chatting last week.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

A mate use to race these when they were the bike for 250 proddie class. They were fast but fragile.

Comment

There aren't many around anymore so the only right course of action is to get it back on the road. There is a bit of work to do, a lot of labour but I'll get her going again. I already have plenty of spares and NOS part for this and my other kr1s.

Comment

They surely are a world apart from the RGV in terms of complexity. Good find!
              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

awesome find. These things look mint..... On a side note, was it on this forum I read about a guy a few years back in Newcastle (?) who saw an advert for 2 x RS250's, he went over to the guys house and found em in a shed under a dusty blanket with basically 0km's on em as the guy had brought them for his son's who ever ended up using them... got them both for like 7k or something stupid.?

Comment

Poppy cock and fairy tales, all of it I say, barn find, shmarn find.
                  FFS sake who has a barn in Australia any way, its a fucking shed, hay shed, wool shed, tractor shed, shearing shed, cow shed, horse shed, garden shed, back shed, up the back "in the shed".
                  PS nice green machine, A dodgy mate just down the road from me has two of these in his Barn, ahum, I mean shed, a green one and a blick one unnah.
                  Reputably the fasted 250 two stroke ever made out of the box.

Comment

The kr1s holds the prod stock land speed record, something like 136mph. The guy who set it hit 139mph on one of the runs.

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
                      Poppy cock and fairy tales, all of it I say, barn find, shmarn find.
                      FFS sake who has a barn in Australia any way, its a fucking shed, hay shed, wool shed, tractor shed, shearing shed, cow shed, horse shed, garden shed, back shed, up the back "in the shed".
                      PS nice green machine, A dodgy mate just down the road from me has two of these in his Barn, ahum, I mean shed, a green one and a blick one unnah.
                      Reputably the fasted 250 two stroke ever made out of the box.
                      that mate of yours he ant that one that rides around in a dress is he or the other one that looks like his sister and cousin

me personally stay away from barns

Comment

Working...
                      X